Technical Support-IP Networks / 1st Line Support
This is a great opportunity to join one of the leading vendors who are supporting their customers in providing a number of 1st line Technical Support Engineers to help look after the core network.
This role is predominantly a Shift role working the 2 days 2 nights followed by 4 days off rotation and you will be responsible for:
• Incident management and raising tickets
• Support with change activity
• Support Infrastructure maintenance requirements (routine activity) for various requirements
• Service restoration for CORE IP faults (Technology & Solution based).
• Timely and effective consultation with others as required to restore service
• Ensure that escalation is in line with both customer and internal guidelines
• Support technical and fault management input to customer and management fault reports.
• Where required, support new technology, service & solution.
• Support simple fault fix via Change and Change delivery activities as required.
To be considered for this role, candidates should hold current Security Clearance SC/BC and have a sound technical understanding of the IP and Data technologies. This is a multi-vendor environment (Cisco, Juniper, Nortel, Alcatel) and knowledge of these would be an advantage.
Ideally, candidates will have one of the following:- CCNA, CCNP, CCIP, JNCIA, JNCIP or equivalent, together with a clear and analytical approach to problem solving.
Technology Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.