Ethical Trading Policy
At Technology Resourcing Ltd we believe strongly in ethical principles and good stewardship. We are therefore proud to guarantee that we trade according to the following Ethical Trading Criteria:
- All employment is freely chosen
- Working conditions are safe and hygienic
- Child labour is not used
- Wages are fair and comparable to industry standard and will always exceed minimum wage
- Deductions from wages as a disciplinary measure shall not be permitted
- Working hours are not excessive
- No discrimination is practiced
- Regular employment is provided for those who are employed on a permanent contract
- No harsh, cruel or degrading treatment or practices are allowed
- No bribery, corruption, blackmailing or bullying is permitted
- Third Party Suppliers and buyers are both free to sell and buy from any number of other businesses. No restrictions, as a way of guaranteeing business, are allowed
We have developed a full policy statement outlining how we expect our practice to develop in order to be able to offer strong guarantees to our customers that the services they receive from us have been ethically designed, managed and implemented.
OUR FULL ETHICAL TRADE POLICY STATEMENT
- Policy Statement
Technology Resourcing Ltd recognises that our commercial activities have potential to impact on our suppliers and our locality.
As a socially responsible small business, our suppliers, local community and customers have a right to expect:
- Products sourced by Technology Resourcing Ltd are produced under working conditions that are hygienic and safe
- All workers involved in the delivery of services provided by Technology Resourcing Ltd are treated with full consideration to their basic human rights
- Technology Resourcing Ltd acts in an ethical manner, above and beyond basic legal requirements
- Technology Resourcing Ltd is therefore committed to implementing the principles of the Ethical Trading Initiative Base Code (although we are not members of the ETI)
- This policy sets out Technology Resourcing Ltd commitment to its suppliers and customers, setting out the measures we are taking to ensure that we are acting in an ethical manner
- Technology Resourcing Ltd commitment to its suppliers, service providers and customers:
Technology Resourcing Ltd recognises that our ethical and social performance and reputation is a part of our overall commercial success.
Technology Resourcing Ltd is committed to ensuring that our employment practices and the enforcement of corporate regulations ensure the protection of the rights of all those who work for us.
In many areas we aim to operate above the minimum standards required by law to ensure our employees are safe, rewarded and valued. As we expand, we will be able to offer more opportunities for our staff.
Technology Resourcing Ltd is committed to demonstrating its ethical and social responsibility credentials to enable customers to make informed choices about whose services they purchase.
Technology Resourcing Ltd is committed to monitoring social standards in our supply chain, and we encourage our suppliers to operate the same ethical standard we employ ourselves.
3. Technology Resourcing Ltd Ethical Trading Code of Practice
3.1 This code of Practice applies to:
- Staff directly employed by Technology Resourcing Ltd on temporary or permanent contracts
3.2 No forced, bonded or involuntary labour shall be used
- All employment with Technology Resourcing Ltd is freely chosen
- Staff are free to leave Technology Resourcing Ltd after reasonable notice
3.3 No child labour shall be used
- There shall be no recruitment of child labour
- Children or persons under 16 are not employed at any time, day or night
4. Working conditions are safe and hygienic
- Technology Resourcing Ltd takes adequate measures to prevent accidents and minimize potential hazards
- Staff have unrestricted access to toilet facilities and drinking water
- Technology Resourcing Ltd has published a Health & Safety Policy
5. Working hours and remuneration are reasonable and comparable to other companies in our sector and regular employment is provided.
- Staff salaries are above the national legal minimum standards
- Staff are not forced to work in excess of 40 hours per week and encouraged to enjoy a healthy work/life balance
- Staff are provided 2 days off per week
- Staff are given written terms and conditions of employment, which detail the employment relationship between (and the respective obligations of) the employee and employer, rates of pay, working hours, grievance and disciplinary procedures, holiday entitlement, absence and sick pay rules, and notice periods for termination of employment
- No deductions are made from wages as a disciplinary measure
- Payslips are issued to comply with all obligations under labour or social security laws
6. No discrimination is practiced:
- There is no discrimination in pay, hiring, compensation, access to training or promotion, termination of employment, retirement on the grounds of race, nationality, religion, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, union membership or political affiliation
- Opportunities for personal career development are equally available to all employees
7. No harassment, threats, abuse or intimidation shall be practiced. Physical, verbal and sexual threats, abuse, harassment or intimidation is expressly prohibited and grounds for summary dismissal, if proved.
Technology Resourcing Ltd’s Directors have overall responsibility for all aspects of ethical trading at work within the business.
9. Looking forwards towards further improvement, Technology Resourcing Ltd is keen to learn from others and would ask anyone who has any ideas or feedback regarding our policy or practice to contact us.