ITFM/TBM Business Consultant
TR Ref: DBCL/TR13577
Location: European Union – Remote working
Our client is an ITFM practice that consults, advises, guides and supports a diverse range of medium and large companies using or implementing Technology Business Management as best practice within the IT-Finance-Business triangle.
Continued growth means they are now looking to hire a TBM Business Consultant to offer independent advice to their diverse European clients, requiring you to draw on your own experience, best practice and lessons learned. You will be supported by an impressive team of TBM and FinOps specialists and will be given the space you need to update and expand your IT, Finance and Business skills to further your capabilities and your own career.
You will be need to be enthusiastic, self-motivated and highly customer-oriented, focussing resolutely on your client’s desired outcomes. You will work both individually and within a team, and will need to be effective working with multiple senior stakeholders, often navigating through complex and politically sensitive situations with tact and diplomacy, whilst still delivering the agreed output.
Activities and responsibilities:
To deliver the required insights you will first need to meet their customers to understand the current maturity of their IT financial management processes and systems, then capture their desired future state and uncover the anticipated challenges. You will then perform quantitative and observational data analyses to form your recommendations, which you will then present to the customer.
- Analyse their customer’s IT-Finance environments, advising on improvement opportunities
- Analyse data and design appropriate ITFM solutions
- Produce and execute project plans for the implementation/optimisation of TBM services
- Present to their customer’s senior management/leadership teams
- Prepare and conduct customer workshops
- A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience (10 years preferred) in IT Financial Management, including defining IT Services along with a thorough knowledge of related processes for budgeting, costing, charging and IT reporting KPIs.
- Experience with large and complex corporate environments, such as Financial Services, Government (central and local) or Professional/Business Services
- A degree, higher professional education or professional certification in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business or Computer Science (or similar/equivalent)
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, highly proficient using advanced Excel
- Excellent English language skills, both oral and written, with additional languages an advantage (especially German, French or Spanish)
- Prior consulting experience (internal or external) preferred, and/or experience as a Project Manager or line manager in a related IT Financial Management role eg cost transparency and management, budgeting, RoI, financial planning, billing, vendor management.
- Strong client-facing presentation and communication skills, with outstanding interpersonal and influencing skills and a high level of EQ.
- Preference will be given to individuals with existing experience of TBM solutions (Apptio, Serviceware, MagicOrange etc) and/or associated BI tools.
This is a great opportunity to join a highly regarded ITFM/TBM consulting practice, working with an impressive client base, across multiple, diverse sectors. You will be working with Europe’s top experts in this specialist field with an unrivaled opportunity for further career development. Excellent remuneration, including annual bonus, available for the right individuals.