Systems Support Programmer
Role: Developer / Support Analyst (Unix Shell, Oracle Forms, SQL & PL/SQL)
Location: West London
Salary: <£45K + bonus + fantastic benefits
Our client (a market leading global, data-centric business) is embarking on a major tech and business transformation to deliver a more advanced and functionally rich solution to their clients, leveraging the latest technologies.
– Medium to large scale software development and enhancement.
– Translating business requirements into project specifications and delivering in a timely manner, to plan
– Diagnosing and correcting daily batch job failures.
– Quickly assessing and prioritising the gravity of support issues, as they arise.
– Running ad-hoc data reworks and corrective actions.
– Developing technical knowledge and understanding of the business rules.
– Analysing root-causes and innovating solutions to common recurring problems.
– Developing strong working relationships with internal clients and in-depth knowledge of the company’s core services.
– Sharing and receiving knowledge, alongside self-learning and training.
The ideal candidate will have a positive and collaborative outlook, always looking to improve processes and efficiency. You will want to “make a difference” and be driven to succeed and develop yourself technically and personally. You will also need strong communication skills.
– Unix Shell
– Oracle Forms
– SQL, PL/SQL
This is a great opportunity to join a progressive, hugely successful company, who REALLY value their staff – in fact, they’re publicly recognised as one of the best companies to work for in the UK. They’re part of a massive global group (>100K staff) who prioritise personal and technical development and offer fantastic career development opportunities. They operate an award-winning Flexible Benefits programme, along with Private Medical Insurance, Income Protection, Life Assurance, Pension etc., and you also get to enjoy a v. cool Agile Working Zone, free fruit & refreshments, and on Fridays, you get a free breakfast and finish at 4pm! Did we mention the incredible staff parties?
Technology Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.