SQL Database Developer / Analyst
Our client operates a global HR system which supports almost 30,000 staff, operating across 60 countries through 13 operating companies.
Reporting to the Global Development Manager, this person will develop and maintain reporting systems for extracting data from the HRIS, along with developing database objects to support other application development projects.
• Manage your own development activities in accordance with established processes and standards
• Review specifications to ensure a full understanding of the functional requirements for your development work
• Comply with change control processes
• Ensure that development work is comprehensively documented
• Regular progress reporting
• Undertake projects in support of the expansion of HR applications
• Assist team members in reporting and data mining
• Provide Subject Matter Expertise on data related issues
• At least one year’s relevant work experience where you’ve had full independent responsibility for developing and using SQL and SQL tools to access, retrieve and present structured data from complex relational databases. [Preference will be shown to this with broader and deeper experience]
• Experience of writing SQL Scripts from scratch, testing these, converting them to Stored Procedures and deploying them
• Extensive experience using the key components of SSRS as a reporting tool to design online database reports, namely: SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS); Microsoft Visual Studio (MSVS); and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
• Proven ability to develop SQL Views on database data that can be incorporated with operational lookups within the database functionality
• Full expertise with relational database concepts and data-driven systems
• Expertise in Excel, including pivot tables, vlookup, charts etc
• Detailed understanding of application development and testing principles
• Fluent, clear and articulate English language skills (as you will be dealing with end users across the globe) and effective written communication
• Ability to organise, prioritise and multi-task to meet deadlines
• A genuine desire to further develop your software development skills
• Preference may be shown to those with experience working with HR data structures, metrics or on HR or related systems (SAP, HR.net, Peoplesoft etc)
• Proficient in Microsoft.net
• Experience in .Net, C#, jQuery technologies
• Preference will be given to those with a deeper experience of application development; level 2 and 3 application support; and complex ERP system configuration.
• Graduate or equivalent level of expertise
Our client is looking for someone who sets high standards for themselves and effectively manages their own time to achieve their goals and the overall project objectives. You should have a keen attention to detail, collaborate effectively with others throughout the group of companies and have an innate desire to understand the root cause of a problem and how to resolve these.
Technology Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy