Software Test Engineer
Title: Software Test Engineer
Salary: £30-35K + bonus
Our client is a highly successful mid-sized company which has doubled in size over the past few years and are continuing to grow, hence them now looking for an additional Software Tester.
You will be joining a dynamic, highly professional R&D team who are extremely friendly and supportive, operating in an agile environment. They are committed to their staff’s continued development, to ensure you keep abreast of the latest emerging technologies.
Test duties will include software UI/UX, HCI, Usability, Performance and other types of testing as needed. You will also be: test planning; documenting test scenarios; estimating testing work; investigating support issues; advising on test criteria used within their agile software development environment; creating automated tests, using Selenium, to test their web apps; monitoring QA and updating the requisite systems and processes to support this.
Mandatory Skills / Experience:
- Experienced Software Tester, with both manual and automation testing experience
- ISTQB (Foundation) certified, or equivalent
- Experience developing Selenium automated tests using Python (preferred) or Java or C++.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Web based application testing.
- A strong QA ethos, with an inquisitive nature and strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Degree or equivalent in an IT related subject.
- UX work, Usability testing, HCI testing.
- High standard of documentation.
- A good understanding of Windows PCs, Apple Mac, LINUX, Unix systems.
[For your reference their tech currently includes: JIRA with TestFLO; Confluence; VMWare; KeePass, macOS; Docker; CentOS; SSH; tmux; Vi; Nano; Samba; Selenium; Behave; Jenkins; Python; PHP; Git, although experience is certainly expected in all of these!]
You will be joining a relatively small team within a larger organisation, so strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential, as is the ability to collaborate effectively with Developers and Testers and be a productive team player. There’s a real opportunity to progress your career within this organisation who have a very low staff turnover, because they value and treat their staff so well.
Benefits include pension, life insurance, income protection, private medical insurance and bonus scheme.
They’re in modern offices, a short walk from Reading town centre and train station, with onsite café, showers etc.