Software Engineering Director (eCommerce – Source & Supply tech.)
Location: Krakow, Poland (3 days/week in the office)
TR Ref: RCDB/13585-S&S
This multi-€bn eCommerce company is already a clear market leader in Europe and with significant PE investment they’re now doubling their headcount and targeting a staggering €10bn turnover.
To achieve these ambitious goals they have created a new Software Engineering leadership role, focusing purely on their Source & Supply domain eg Sourcing & Range Planning, Master Data Management and Inbound/Outbound Logistics. You will lead an internal team of 75 Software Engineers (through Engineering Managers and Team Leads), spread across multiple European city offices, with further headcount (20%+) being added over the coming months. You will be fully accountable for producing and executing an all-encompassing strategic plan, covering both software and IT architecture, through a period of significant transformation and growth.
This role reports to the VP of Engineering and will work closely with other Software Engineering and Product Directors, along with other senior stakeholders, to deliver sophisticated eCommerce and internal software solutions. You will be accountable for the creation and delivery of the strategic, software and IT architecture vision and leadership and all aspects of the development of the software.
- Lead the development of key capabilities including master data management, distribution and replenishment, forecast / demand planning, supplier/partner management, inventory and warehouse management and outbound logistics
- Manage your team, ensuring effective talent management (career paths, hiring, balancing teams, training etc) and optimising other resources. Facilitating alignment across cross-functional, geographically dispersed teams. Effective in connecting the pieces
- Develop, lead and implement strategic supply chain capabilities and initiatives to improve cost, productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations
- Manage budgets and forecasts with a focus on service while improving cost efficiency
- Ensure all regulatory and compliance measures are met within global guidelines
- Create, orchestrate, and strategically adjust departments’ activities, policies, and practices to meet and/or exceed KPIs and consumer satisfaction goals
- Develop technology roadmaps to address functional gaps and drive value through supply chain planning and execution
- Align corporate strategy with various global entities to ensure successful future planning integrations
- Provide general oversight and strategic guidance for customer, supplier, and 3rd party data integration initiatives
- Coordination with various internal and external partners to ensure resource commitments, technology availability, and project timeline adherence
- Quantify cost impact and value captured through supply chain technology investments and partner integration activities.
- Develop risk-mitigated standards and governance policies for supply chain data integrations that align with our client’s core business strategy.
- Develop and implement the engineering strategy, together with the CIO and other Heads of Engineering, including methodologies, practices and technologies.
- Drive continuous improvement processes (Kaizen)
- Ensure the IT system landscape is transparent, stable and reliable inc SLAs, standby organisations, stability KPIs etc
- Foster a collaborative, cross-location culture
EXPERIENCE NEEDED (Mandatory):
- 15+ yrs in software development, including at least 7 yrs experience building, leading and motivating high performing software engineering teams of 50+ heads, including architects, along with demonstrable experience managing managers.
- Comprehensive e-commerce knowledge and experience, able to clearly formulate what needs to be built, and in what order, with specific experience in Source and Supply tech, including master data management, distribution and replenishment, forecast / demand planning, supplier/partner management, inventory and warehouse management and outbound logistics.
- Experience configuring / implementing supply chain planning systems such as Kinaxis, o9 Solutions, Blue Yonder, SAP-IBP etc.
- SAP knowledge (and WMS advantageous).
- Understanding of data transmission technologies (eg EDI, API, SFTP) and integration into supply chain processes
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical, research, organizational, and project/program management skills.
- Experience managing large scale, technology-driven projects.
- Passionate about software engineering best practice include agile, continuous delivery, micro services and measurement.
- Effective communication of complex ideas to a range of stakeholders, both verbal and written, along with outstanding influencing and negotiating skills, to align potentially conflicting views.
- Senior stakeholder management, both internal and external.
- Confident setting challenging objectives (team and individual) and trusting people to get on with them. You will need to share clear expectations on required performance levels, reward success and address performance issues quickly and fairly, treating team members with honesty, respect and compassion.
- Apply your expertise to continuously challenge systems, processes and people to achieve business objectives.
- You will be comfortable defining and setting in place a vision, along with the plan, to meet your teams goals. You will evaluate situations and take accountability for decisions and issues, in the short, medium and long term.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent level of knowledge.
This Software Engineering Director role is a career-defining opportunity that will see you connecting people, ideas, processes and issues to deliver the products needed to achieve our client’s ambitious growth plans. We’re looking for people who will thrive in a collaborative environment, sharing resources, knowledge, ideas and skills and who will build helpful, productive relationships across the organisation. You will be a naturally positive, optimistic person, who can be diplomatic, patient and open-minded with your team but concise and transparent with the VP and CIO.
Salary will be commensurate with a senior software leadership role, along with an annual 25% bonus (which pays from 0-140%, based on individual and company performance) and car allowance.
This is a hybrid working role requiring you to be in their Krakow (city centre) office an average of 3 days a week, but you can work from home the other days. You will enjoy 28 days’ vacation (+ another 2 days off over Christmas/New Year), along with a range of other benefits.