Signalling Design Manager
ROLE: Signalling Design Manager
LOCATION: Central London
SALARY: £55K-70K+, plus outstanding benefits
This highly regarded consultancy is looking for a Railway Signalling Design Manager, to join their expanding multi-disciplinary infrastructure design team in London, or perhaps a Design Team Lead looking to make that next step into management.
They are a very busy company with current projects including many GRIP stage 3-5 commissions for Network Rail, Multi Asset Framework Agreement commissions, High Speed Rail studies, Level Crossing detailed designs and new technology on forthcoming ETCS projects.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Defining signalling design requirements and creating sound design solutions from client briefs
- Managing signalling calculations and designs for a range of renewal and enhancement projects
- Mentoring and developing junior employees, promoting best-practice and providing guidance to related disciplines across the company
- Experience leading complex signalling design projects, encompassing knowledge of signalling design and interlocking principles, NWR standards, components and fabrication methods.
- Hands-on experience managing the production, checking and approval of feasibility, outline and detailed signalling principles design and calculations
- Familiarity with RRI, mechanical and SSI systems (although 2 out of 3 may be acceptable)
- Knowledge of railway systems and related operating practices, along with their key interactions with other railway assets
- Alternative system design or data prep knowledge
- Skilled on signalling software applications
- Proficiency with signalling construction and installation methods
- Prior experience leading signalling / train control teams or project teams
- Degree or HNC/D in engineering
- IRSE licence 7.8.110, Engineering Manager (Design) AND/OR possession of a Signalling Principles Designer license, category 1.1.550 and Signalling Design Verifier license, 1.1.160
- Membership of the IRSE or Chartered Engineer status would be preferred
This is a superb opportunity to join a diverse, motivated organisation which really encourages personal professional growth, with a genuine opportunity to further your career. Best-in-class benefits include profit share, healthcare and an extensive range of flexible benefits to support real work-life balance, along with a truly supportive team environment.
Technology Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.