Senior Project Planner (Rail Signalling)
Role: Senior Project Planner (Rail Signalling)
Work Locations: London Central, Kent
Employment Type: Full Time
Employment Category: Permanent
Our client (an FTSE 250 company) has an expanding and challenging portfolio of rail projects. The Projects cover a wide variety of Comms renewals, Asset Stabilisation and other network projects on behalf of the Client/s, London Underground and Network Rail.
We are currently looking for a Senior Project Planner to be based in either London or South East looking for a permanent position given their current workload and exciting forthcoming assignments.
• Experience working on London Underground infrastructure as an employee or main contractor.
• Understand Rail technologies, including but not limited to: Signalling, Track, Structures (tunnels, bridges, earthworks, embankments etc), Electrification & Plant and Telecoms.
• Have an excellent understanding of the designing, construction and commissioning of the projects.
• Experience of managing interfaces with railway engineering disciplines.
• Experienced user of Primavera P6
• This role requires the Planner to carry out their Project Control duties off of their own initiative in the production of both Tender Programmes and Project Programmes.
• A good understanding of Network Rail GRIP stages and London Underground processes in their Project Control requirements.
• Experience of Schedule Risk analysis
• Experience of Claims analysis.
• Experience of working with company Enterprise systems.
• Prepares project resource histograms and performance analysis data CPI/SPI information.
• Must demonstrate a detailed understanding of Project Controls Techniques which include; data analysis, Earned Value, trend analysis and CPA.
• Demonstrate able experience of various forms of contract, including NEC.
• Experience of working on large scale projects from £20 – £50m.
• A Member of the APM (preferably)
• To attend and lead client progress meetings.
• Responsible for the completion of projects to time and cost
• To provide mentorship and to junior members of the team when required.
• To be responsible for the Projects programme and Project Controls.
• An understanding with financial areas and commercial aspects of project management
• Withholding relationships with the client/s and to maintain management of the set expectation.
• A clear understanding of Rail technologies and markets
• Provision of project performance data, project schedules and reports in a concise and timely manner as required by the projects teams.
• Ability in identifying any project deviations and slippages, with the ability to communicate issues to more senior members.
• Ensuring that all issues within the programme are highlighted and understood by Senior Management and giving appropriate planning advice.
• Deliver necessary reports to Senior Managers to direct the project appropriately.
Technology Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.