Senior Planning Engineer / Consultant
Job Title: Senior Planning Engineer / Consultant
Location: Kent or central London
TR Ref: 13298
Salary: Up to £75K + annual bonus (5%)
Our client, a prestigious cost and claims consultancy, advise an impressive portfolio of large Contractors and Sub-Contractors (along with some Developers, End Clients, Developers and Architects) on a diverse range of commercial, contractual and legal issues.
They’re now recruiting a Senior Planning Engineer / Consultant with excellent client-facing skills and breadth of experience, including Build and Fit-out work, to support their clients across the commercial, residential, retail and public sectors, both on their client’s sites (London and the South East) and from their own offices (London and Kent).
You will need an excellent track record of developing robust programmes from first principals, with demonstrable knowledge of all elements of Project Planning / Project Controls, along with the ability to effectively communicate programme schedule, EVA, risk analysis, assessments etc.
Their assignments will require you to work independently, as part of a team and as team leader, but always exercising expert professional judgement and nurturing strong Client relationships. Other duties will include: Preparation of tender and construction programmes; Updating and progress reporting; Client liaison and reporting; Management of more junior staff and assistants.
• 7+ years’ practical experience, probably with a Contractor or Consultancy
• A proven track record in construction planning, programming and scheduling.
• Highly proficient with planning / project controls software, ideally including Asta PowerProject, Primavera P6 or MS Project (although training will be provided as needed)
• Experience of working with major clients, contractors and consultants in the UK and abroad.
• Knowledge of main forms of contract (JCT/NEC/ICE etc)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrable commercial and business acumen
• Effective negotiating and influencing skills
• IT literate inc. MS Office
• Degree qualified, or equivalent experience
This truly is a career defining opportunity, joining the planning team of a highly regarded consultancy and working with some of the UK’s finest Cost, Contracts and Construction Law specialists. You will build on your experience working with an impressive team of Subject Matter Experts supporting their clients throughout the construction lifecycle, from initial procurement and contract advice and cost management, through the delivery of commercial management, scheduling, dispute avoidance mechanisms, to final close out with extension of time claims (including forensic delay analysis), money claims, adjudication, arbitration and expert witness services.
Technology Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.