Senior / Lead Developer (.NET and C#)
Job Title: Senior / Lead Developer (.NET and C#)
TR Ref: 13168
Location: West Midlands
Salary: £45-55K + car allowance + flexible benefits
This is a career-defining opportunity, to lead an established development team within a highly regarded and truly global organisation that provides a range of software and data applications and services. The existing team are an impressive bunch, based locally and remotely, who enjoy a high degree of autonomy and are encouraged to utilise the very latest software and tech to effectively deliver their client’s critical global projects. There is very little software maintenance or debugging here, it’s all new code, using new tech, for brand new applications.
This role reports to a Director, who is an ex-Developer who‘s risen through the ranks, so they really get what the best Developers are looking for. There is a training and development budget allocated to each Developer, internal and external courses and knowledge sharing, weekly innovation windows, external conferences, overseas secondments etc. Having worked hard to make you the best you can be, they naturally work just as hard to retain you as you progress, with an ingrained culture of promoting their technical staff into key leadership positions, offering either a hands-on tech leadership track or a more general management track.
This is a hands-on technical role that leads a matrix team of experienced Developers across several concurrent projects, both in the UK and offshore.
• Lead development projects to completion, maintaining a high level of documentation and within established time frames
• Provide SME level knowledge in .NET / C# development and act as a mentor to more junior members of the team
• Help streamline development and business processes
• Collaborate with Business Analysts, Project Managers, Designers and DBAs
Required Skills & Experience:
• 5+yrs commercial experience on .NET, including v4.0+, with complimentary C# skills
• Team lead experience would be preferred, ideally including leading offshore teams, but our client will also consider Senior Developers with the personality and aptitude to step up into a team lead role for the first time
• Comfortable working in an Agile Scrum environment
• A desire and aptitude to learn new applications and programming languages
• Hands-on experience, or at least a working knowledge, is required of:
• Design Patterns
• Charting Controls
• HTML5 & CSS3
• Application Performance Tuning
• SQL Server
• WCF Services
• Mobile development experience would also be useful, but is not mandatory.
This really is a great opportunity for either a Senior Developer looking to step up to a team lead role, or an experienced Team Leader / Manager. You will be an impressive, dynamic and forward thinking organisation that will give you all the tools, training and encouragement to become the very best you can be and reward you as you progress.
Technology Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.