Senior / Lead C++ Developer
Title: Senior / Lead C++ Developer
Location: Guildford / Home Based
Salary: £55-70K + Stock Options
Our client is a well-funded, early stage software company who have developed a revolutionary live-streaming AI powered VR platform that allows you to immerse yourself in the best seats of live events from the comfort of your own sofa. Their impressive exec team (most of whom are hands-on developers themselves) have an impressive track record of founding, scaling and selling related software businesses.
Continued success means they’re now looking to hire a Lead Software Engineer to lead the development of their video processing and immersive viewing platforms.
Mandatory skills / experience:
- 8+ years software development experience, mostly using C++.
- Experience in VR, games, video tech or similar.
- Familiar with VR and Mixed Reality tech
- Knowledge of video streaming and compression/decompression
- Architectural skills, utilising emerging tech
- Experience leading or mentoring other coders
- Significant experience in GPU/shader coding.
- Working knowledge of C# and/or Unity
- Strong mathematical ability
Desirable skills / experience:
- Experience with FFmpeg
- Working knowledge of GPGPU / CUDA / Compute Shaders
- Experience of DirectX11
What makes this role so attractive?
- You can work from home.
- Flexible hours, as long as you work the core 10am-4pm hours and get the work done.
- Substantial Stock Options, giving the opportunity for significant wealth creation in the future. Working for an exec team with an exceptional track-record of building and selling highly successful software companies.
- Working with the very best tech’s in the industry on truly ground-breaking live-streaming VR technology.
- The company is led by ex-Developers so really value their Dev’s and get what you need to deliver.