IT Systems Engineer – Digital Workplace
Location: Munich, Germany (2 days/week in the office)
TR Ref: DB/13575
Salary: Up to €80,000 + 10% bonus
This multi-€bn eCommerce company ships products to 9m customers across 30 European countries. They already lead the market but are continuing to scale up, at pace. They are now keen to hire a Senior Systems Engineer to take a key role within their Digital Workplace team (4 people), ensuring their 1,200 staff, across 10 European offices, leveraging the latest Microsoft (and associated) tech to maximum advantage. Once you’re up to speed you will be spending approx. 70% of your time working on projects, with the remainder spent on operational work (maintenance, 3rd line support, service desk escalations, training/KB docs etc).
You will be working with geographically dispersed internal teams (and external partners), which will include consulting with managers to capture and asses their End User Computing requirements and then architect and implement the best possible solutions.
Current/forthcoming projects include:
• Win10 -> Win11 migration
• Improving desktop security (Sentinel ATP etc)
• Transitioning to a managed Linux environment (currently unmanaged)
• Improving their use of Autopilot
• ID and access management
• Strengthening their MDM
• Refining their recently released Azure Virtual Desktop solution
Skills and experience needed:
•MS Services knowledge needed: Active Directory/ Azure Active Directory; Microsoft 365 Services (they have a mix of E3 & E5 licences, with telephony); Win OS; SCCM/Intune.
•Skills include: Hello for Windows; Azure Workloads; Patch Management; JAMF; M365 policy configuration
• At least 6 years in a similar system engineering role
• Knowledge of ITSM and ideally with experience working in an Agile environment
• Able to mentor and support less experienced colleagues
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, in business English
• Must be customer and solutions focused
This role requires you to be in their office (in central Munich, close to the train station) 2 days a week, but you can work from home the other days. You will enjoy 28 days’ vacation + another 2 days off over the Christmas/New Year break, along with reduced gym membership, mobile phone and a bonus, which is worth up to 10% of your salary.