Senior Data Engineer
TR Ref: 13543
Location: Remote working (UK or South Africa based)
This well-established, global software company is expanding, at pace, so they’re now recruiting a Senior Data Engineer to join their data growing team, helping them better understand their product, their customers and themselves.
You will lead the building of their data platform and its pipelines to support their entire ecosystem, along with developing their data engineering processes. You will be working with their Product, Engineering & Data Science teams but will be the leading voice in how they capture, store and use their customer’s data to provide powerful insights and products.
They’re looking for someone with cloud-native experience and an experimental mindset, who enjoys challenging the status quo and using data to answer complex challenges.
- A track-record of successfully delivering data warehouse solutions
- Experience of Master Data Management and data architecture principles
- Proficient using the following tools and techniques:
- Data Querying eg SQL, Amazon Athena & Redshift, Apache Spark, Hadoop, Kafka, Python
- Data Warehousing eg Snowflake, Xplenty, Teradata, Databricks, Cloudera, AWS
- Data Orchestration and Transformation eg Matillion, Alteryx, Talend, Informatica, FiveTran
- Data Visualisation eg PowerBI, Tableau, QlikView, DataWrapper, Plotly, Sisense
- Experience building robust and scalable pipelines to ingest data from a wide range of cloud-based assets such as NService Bus, Comsos DB, NetSuite, Salesforce etc.
- Experience in programming or statistical languages such as R or Python would be preferred, but is not mandatory
Reporting to the Manager of Data Science this is a great opportunity to own and shape their entire data engineering function, potentially building it out over time. You will be joining a fast-growth, PE backed software company, with a highly progressive and supportive leadership team who genuinely put their staff at the centre of everything they do, including true remote working.
In addition to a competitive salary you will also benefit from an annual bonus (% TBC), Private Health Insurance, Health Cash Plan, discounted gym membership, life assurance and a range of other benefits including being able to buy additional holiday (25->30 days/yr) and finishing early on Friday’s during the summer.