Senior COBOL Developer / Support Analyst
Role: Senior Developer / Support Analyst
Location: West London
Salary: <£50K + fantastic benefits
This highly successful, data-centric business are world leaders, operating in over 50 countries. They’re constantly improving their products and services, by leveraging emerging technologies to deliver the very best analytics to their prestigious corporate clients. Much of their success is due to their unrelenting focus on their employees across the globe, who they realise are the cornerstone of their success. They provide a great work environment, continuous technical development, an award winning benefits package and they work really hard to ensure an fun and sustainable work/life balance for everyone.
This role, within their business support team, will see you using your software development skills to both support and enhance their legacy applications (COBOL, Unix, Oracle Forms) and their newer tools and platforms (C#, Python, Node.js and Azure), including mobile apps.
You will also be developing software for new projects and helping to implement software for their global clients.
- Medium to large scale software development and enhancement.
- Liaising with internal clients to capture business requirements and translate into project spec’s and plans
- Diagnosing and correcting daily batch job failures. Running ad-hoc data reworks and corrective actions.
- Quickly assessing and prioritising the severity and impact of support issues as they arise.
- Understand the business rules.
- Analysing root-causes and innovating solutions to recurring data issues and bugs.
- Sharing and receiving knowledge, alongside self-learning and training.
You will need a positive and collaborative outlook, always looking to improve processes and efficiency. You will want to “make a difference” and be driven to succeed and develop yourself technically and personally. You will also need excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- COBOL, Python or C# (in order of preference)
- Unix Shell
- MySQL – SQL, PL/SQL
- Oracle Forms
- MS Azure
This is a great opportunity to join a progressive company, who REALLY value their staff – in fact, they’re publicly recognised as one of the best companies to work for in the UK. They operate an award-winning flexible benefits programme, along with Private Medical Insurance, Income Protection, Life Assurance, Pension etc. You also get to enjoy an Agile Working Zone, free fruit & refreshments, regular socials, spot bonuses, birthdays off and on Fridays, you get a free breakfast and finish at 4pm!
Technology Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.