Senior Business Systems Analysts
Job Title: Senior Business Systems Analysts
Salary: £50-75K + 10% Bonus
This is a great opportunity for a Technical Business Analyst with a software engineering or solutions architecture background to join an expanding team developing supply chain solutions based on the latest technology to track and communicate the flow of goods around the globe.
Continued growth means they are now looking for another 2 Senior Business Systems Analysts (aka Technical Business Analysts) to capture and translate customer requirements into accurate functional specifications and user stories and produce the supporting tech documentation (impact assessments, interface control docs etc) for their enterprise web portals. This will require you to analyse the client’s systems, business processes and workflows and then (once signed off) design, document and present best-in-class solutions, which are often technically complex and highly innovative.
You will then work closely with the PM team, supporting both the customers and the internal software development team throughout the development lifecycle, providing tech support (both pre & post-sales) and software test support (eg writing / executing test scripts) to ensure compatibility and the desired functionality and user satisfaction.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Extensive expertise as a Technical Business Analyst, Business Systems Analyst or client-facing Solutions Architect
- Degree qualified or equivalent (eg BCS or IIBA Foundation certified)
- Demonstrable experience analysing and writing complex Business Processes and IT Requirement Spec’s.
- A thorough understanding of the entire SDLC, with particular knowledge / experience of software development processes
- First class communications and interpersonal skills, both verbal (as you will be collaborating daily with customers, end users and a large team of overseas Developers) and written (as you will need to produce accurate, concise and articulate functional spec’s and user stories)
- Advanced MS Office skills (inc Visio, PowerPoint and MSProject) with experience also on related graphics packages to capture and edit screen-shots.
- An understanding of most of the following technologies (although they do not need a Developer): Java; AWS Linux environments; HTML / CSS / JS / Angular / REACT; Cassandra / PostgreSQL (RDS); Micro-services (Docker / Kubernetes); [Their legacy tech-stack is: Perl; Linux environments; HTML4 / CSS2 / JS6; PostgreSQL, so experience of this would also be beneficial]
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Experience of presenting to end clients
- Experience training Users and PowerUsers and producing technical training docs.
- An appreciation of GUI web design and knowledge of web and accessibility standards
- Knowledge of implementing web services using XML and messaging apps and designing/authoring XML docs
- PRINCE2 and/or ITIL certified (Foundation level)
- Experience of MS Visio Pro, Rational Rose, Enterprise Architect Software Package, ICE-Scrum (for Acceptance Tests) or JIRA / AGILE
The overall group employs >5K staff globally, with 500 in the UK, but you will be part of an expert team of just 20 operating from offices in both central and East London – you can work from either and are also free to work from home up to 4days/week.
Excellent opportunities exist to further your career within this group and elsewhere across the group, including opportunities abroad should you wish.
Along with a basic salary of £50K – £75K you will also enjoy a bonus of up to 10% of salary and other big company benefits.
Technology Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.