Resident Engineer (Bremen)
Given an extensive workload with one of their largest customers, my client is seeking to appoint a Resident Engineer to be based in Bremen and / or Home working.
As Resident Engineer, you will be acting as an extension of the Technical Support Team providing on-site support to the customer and it is expected that you will have a very strong understanding of large IP Networks (see below).
Internally, you’ll need to establish and build relationships with the engineering departments and support teams as well as the extended service delivery organisation but of course, you’ll also be expected to develop relationships with the client and will work closely with their own engineering/service teams.
This role demands fluency in German and English.
This is an opportunity to join a great organisation that uses and provides cutting edge technology to world-class clients across the globe. As you would expect, they provide a culture and benefits package to match.
Suitable applicants should have the following skills and experience.
• Extensive working experience in a network support role, for large IP networks
• Strong operating and troubleshooting knowledge across the following routing and switching technologies: TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, ISIS, MPLS (L2 & L3 VPN), Multicast protocols (IGMP, PIM), Switching technologies (VLAN/Trunking)
• Extensive and deep knowledge in IP networking in layers 2-4 (TCP/IP, Ethernet, VLANs, VLAN stacking, QoS, Spanning Tree (STP,RSTP), RIP, VRRP, IGMP)
• Working experience with network protocols analysis tools and Linux, FreeBSD, MacOS, Scripting languages (Tcl, Perl)
• Practical knowledge of L1/L2 technologies: Ethernet, SONET/SDH, ATM, Frame Relay – Strong problem solving skills, applicable to large and complex network scenarios
• Knowledge of the following would be an advantage: Network management skills SNMP, XML, LDAP, COPS; Unix administrator skills; QOS, NAT, Firewall, MPLS MPLS/VPNs, IPSec, Stateful Packet Inspection as well as Juniper Router series MX
• Excellent customer management and relationship skills (candidates need to have build and successfully maintained business relationships with all level across an organization – technical, sales, C, Sr. VPs etc.)
• Results and delivery focussed
• Fluency in English and German are required.
Technology Resourcing Ltd – Specialists in technical IP Networking and Security Jobs & Recruitment throughout the UK, Europe and worldwideTechnology Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.