Project Controls Trainer
Role: Project Controls Trainer
Salary: £40-£55K + benefits
Location: London (& home-based)
If you’ve been at the sharp end of controlling large capital projects, you’ll appreciate the complexity and rigour of the controls and processes required to deliver them successfully, as well as the pitfalls and challenges the delivery team will encounter along the way. If you’re able to take this experience and pass it on to the new generation of Project Controls Apprentices in an engaging, inspiring and passionate way, we’d love to have a conversation with you.
This is a great opportunity to join an expanding company delivering Project Controls training to learners in the Apprenticeship programme. The training will be delivered at the employers’ sites, which are mostly in and around London.
It’s important that you’re able to draw on your own experiences to bring project controls learning to life and ensure the imparted knowledge sticks. You’ll be delivering classroom sessions to about 30 Learners, spread across 3-4 batches, so classroom sessions are likely to be to about 10 Learners at a time. You’ll initially be spending about 8 days/month delivering classroom training, with the remaining time developing content and preparing assignments and case studies and the associated admin, inc. liaising and answering queries from students and employers, meeting with line managers etc.
- It’s important that you have substantial industry experience in a project controls function and whilst it’s not essential that you’ve worked as a Trainer in the past, it is vital that you have outstanding verbal and written communications skills and are comfortable and confident presenting to an audience.
- Key to success will be your ability to build effective relationships with each of the students over several years and can deliver the training drawing on your own experiences, citing real-life scenario’s that give meaning and perspective to the students.
- You’ll certainly be using a variety of presentation and training methods that are engaging, inspiring and at times, maybe humorous, to ensure the students retain the information needed to successfully pass their degrees.
- You will need a thorough knowledge of all Project Controls functions.
- Candidates MUST have a Bachelors Degree or equivalent, as you will be delivering training to NVQ Level 4 Learners initially and to Level 6 Learners (degree students) from next year.
Given the location of their current clients, this role is most likely to suit someone living in Greater London or Home Counties / South East England and can visit their Head Office in Surrey as needed.
This really is a tremendous opportunity to join an expanding consultancy, sharing your knowledge and experience with the next generation of Project Controls professionals, who are working across a diverse range of industries.