Project Controls Manager
Role: Project Controls Manager / Planning Manager – Rail
Work type: Contract / Freelance
Duration: 6 months +
Rate: £500 – £550
We are looking for an accomplished Project Controls Manager / Planning Manager with previous railway industry experience to lead a small, established team working on a major UK rail project. This role reports to the Delivery Director and supports the project team.
• Overall Project Control and Planning governance, working practices, procedures and management.
• Management of a resource and cost loaded Baseline Plan, plan maintenance and period updates.
• Earned Value Management including modelling, analysis and reporting
• Lead on the production of the project reports inc performance analysis, budget monitoring and metrics generation
• Support programme performance reviews and contract status reviews
• Manage and mentor the Project Control and Planning team
• Customer interface for Project Control and Planning including leading period reviews and acceptance of the Project Plan when required.
• Demonstrable experience in Project Planning and Controls, including the use of Primavera P6
• Team mentorship & management
• Prior experience working in the railway industry, ideally including signalling, train control, telecommunications or safety.
• Experience of compiling the programme narrative to commercial requirements from planner draft inputs and critical path review
• A track record of extensive client and stakeholder management inc reviewing programmes for client approval and able to discuss and resolve related issues with the business
• Resource loading, levelling and challenge
• Excellent interpersonal and motivational skills
• An ability to embrace and encourage change when and where required
This is a great opportunity with a highly regarded company, working on a huge programme that is utilising the very latest technology. If you are potentially interested and would like to hear the finer detail please contact me at your earliest convenience on either 01483 302 211 or [email protected]
Technology Resourcing are specialists in Project Controls jobs
Technology Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.