Project Controls Manager/Lead (Highways/Roads)
ROLE: Project Controls Manager/Lead (Highways / Roads)
SALARY: £75000 to £85000
This world class Project & Programme Management Consultancy has a track record of delivering some of the biggest projects in the world, and their association with signature projects is well documented. Due to further project wins, they are now looking for a Project Controls Manager to drive the programme plan and project controls on large infrastructure projects for a 5 year programme.
You’ll be responsible for heading up the Project Controls function, ensuring that all control processes are fit for purpose – and, where necessary, implementing new processes that are resilient and robust. In turn, these will become the key enablers for improved project delivery. Sitting within the PMO, the programme plan is a big priority – but you will also be responsible for the risk and change functions within the business. This multi-faceted role is as you would expect, a hands-on leadership role requiring depth of experience and knowledge, and a client facing function that requires the credibility and gravitas to work with key stakeholders and Project Managers.
It’s expected that the right candidate for this role will have all the attributes and experience listed above, but must also have:
– A strong working knowledge of Primavera P6
– Exceptional client facing skills and experience
– Inspirational leadership style and an ability to mentor /coach team members
– Previous Project Controls Management experience with responsibility for very significant programmes of work
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to provide structured, well-crafted reports to the key stakeholders
This role will be based in Birmingham, 5 days per week, with the possibility of occasional travel within the UK. Preference may be given to candidates with experience of Highway infrastructure projects.
Technology Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.