Professional Services Consultant – Datacentre solutions
ROLE: Professional Services Consultant
SALARY: £65K-£80K + Car allowance + Bonus + benefits
LOCATION: Home / Client Site Based
Reporting to the Professional Services Manager or Team Leader, this is a highly technical role, providing Architectural, Design and Implementation Consultancy support for our clients Data Centre customers. Consultant will be required to develop and maintain expertise on Data Centre Network Architectures and solutions.
This is a full-time position which can be home-based, but expect to work on-site at the customer location up to 60% of the time, working as part of a wider Professional Services team. Typical activities are around the following key areas;
• Leading workshops to identify and understand customer requirements
• Providing guidance on Network Architectures
• Developing and documenting High- and Low-Level Network Designs
• Design Validation and Verification testing
• Interoperability testing
• Network Implementation planning
• Migration planning
• Trouble-shooting/fault finding
• Knowledge Transfer to in- and external customers
The main purpose of this job is to work with Data Centre customers to ensure the smooth design, planning, migration and integration of our clients’ products into new and/or existing Data Centre network.
Work in a consultative manner with customers, sales, customer services and systems engineering to scope and deliver Professional Service projects. Typical tasks & duties will include:
• Run requirements and scoping workshops with the customer, delivery partners and sales.
• Technical lead for major network deployments and migrations. Produce design, validation, and migrations plans.
• Lead implementation and/or execution of those plans.
• Evaluate customer networks for performance, scalability, and security and provide recommendations to customers about improvements to network configurations and topologies to prevent problems before they occur.
• Develop and maintain an in-depth technical knowledge of the Data Centre product line
• Work with the internal technical teams for placement of products and feature improvements for reliability, availability, and serviceability.
• Work closely with colleagues and customer’s personnel to help test, design, and plan for deployments of new products and features.
• Support networks in early stages of deployment
• Formulate network management strategies
• Act as a Professional Services project leader on larger projects, coordinating the work of a larger delivery team; act as a project manager when appropriate, owning overall responsibility for network implementation.
• Provide appropriate training (Knowledge Transfer workshops) to the clients partners and customers.
• Education to degree level preferred, with 5-6 years experience in a technical role, including >3 years spent supporting large IP networks.
• Very strong knowledge (CCIE, JNCIP/JNCIE level) of the operation, design principles and troubleshooting of High-performance LAN Switching, Switching Infrastructure Virtualisation, TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, ISIS, MPLS, QoS/CoS, IPv6, Multicast, etc. is essential.
• Knowledge in Server Virtualisation and Server Load Balancing Technology & Solutions, Storage technologies (e.g. FCoE), SDN, NFV, OpenFlow, and OpenStack a definite plus.,
• Although training will be provided, a strong knowledge of JUNOS and Juniper QFX,SRX,,EX,MX products is desirable.
• Effective consultancy, planning & communication skills, excellent inter-personal skills, ability to work on multiple projects and manage customers appropriately.
• Must be fluent in English and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Work location for this role is the UK. Over time this may extend to working on Consultancy projects throughout Europe, Middle-East and Africa.
Technology Resourcing are specialists in IT jobs(/a>.
Technology Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.