Job Title: Platform Engineer
Location: Remote Working (but able to visit their office, just north of Reading, once a quarter, for a Hackathon and team meeting)
This well-established, global software company is expanding, at pace, so are now recruiting a Platform Engineer to enable their fast-moving software engineering team to achieve quality, reliable and stable solutions while using the latest technologies. We’re looking for someone with a passion for high-quality software, strong engineering principles and a methodical problem-solver.
Reporting to the Software Engineering Manager, you will be working with both onshore and nearshore Product Managers, Architects, Software Engineers and Automation Engineers, impacting their systems and software lifecycle management, software development, config management, testing and incident management.
Mandatory Skills Required:
- Experience with containerization and orchestration (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes) using .NET
- Experience with cloud infrastructure automation and provisioning tools (e.g. Terraform)
- Microsoft Azure
- Modern web services architectures, SOA and microservice technologies
- Strong experience with scripting languages (e.g. PowerShell, Bash)
- Desirable additional skills: Automated testing tools; Cloudflare; Prometheus or Grafana; .Net or ReactJS; Event driven systems
This fast-growth, PE backed SaaS company have a progressive and highly supportive leadership team who genuinely put their staff at the centre of everything they do, including remote working.
In addition to a competitive base salary you will also benefit from an annual bonus (<10%), Private Health Insurance, Health Cash Plan, discounted gym membership, life assurance and a range of other benefits including being able to buy additional holiday (25->30 days/yr) and finishing early on Friday’s during the summer.