Role: Planning Manager
Job type: Permanent
Salary: £75K + excellent benefits
Our client, an industry forerunner in engineering solutions, has retained us to reach out and secure a credible Planning Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for mentoring a planning team for a key project – the assignment is for a multi-million pound rail programme, based in London.
This is a key role, with great career prospects, and will be reporting to the Project Director. Your responsibilities will be programming and progress control as an integral part of the project team. In addition, you will be responsible for an established planning team, and liaising with all stakeholders and clients alike.
In addition you will:
- Produce integrated project programmes for the project, in the required format as per the customers and project team’s requests, which include: design, procurement, consents, construction and commissioning.
- Be present at, and contribute to, respective site meetings and other associated required meetings.
- Work in tandem with the Project Controls Manager to best ensure that progress control is fully and correctly integrated into the project controls.
- Produce construction sub-programmes as required.
- Keep a watchful eye on the production of Early Warnings on programme issues as they arise.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all stakeholders, ensuring that programme reports are produced openly and collaboratively.
- Report on Key Performance Indicators relating to Key Milestones accordingly.
- A degree (or equivalent) in an Engineering discipline
- A solid background in construction/engineering/Rail and Infrastructure
- Proficiency in Earned Value Management
- Expertise in use of Primavera P6 systems
Technology Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.