Job Title: Planning Engineer
TR Ref: CLDB/13512
Location: Central London (but 50% work from home)
This is a great opportunity for an intermediate Project Planner to join a well-funded, rapidly expanding, early stage CleanTech company that are dramatically reducing CO2 emissions from the manufacturing and process industries across the globe.
Reporting to the Global Project Controls Lead you will be responsible for developing and monitoring time related activities across multiple concurrent projects, whilst also supporting the PMs in assessing/reporting the health of projects and predicting forecast dates.
- Capture scope, plan and sequence work to create logically linked schedules.
- Create resourced and cost loaded schedules and support Cost Engineer/Project Controls Lead with resource, earned value and cost profiles
- Develop deliverable trackers to provide progress for schedule updates
- Performance tracking, variance analysis and re-forecasting against Baseline schedules and previous forecasts
- Support the Project Controls Lead in assessing project performance
- Identify and manage time related risk within the project schedule inc. drawdown of schedule contingency
- Help updating of resource allocation to enable capacity analysis of projects and proposed projects
- Help with the development and continuous improvement of systems and processes
- Own Project Schedules, deliverables progress trackers and time related performance reporting.
- Coordinate and lead internal project progress reviews
- Participate in client progress reviews inc. producing all necessary schedule reports
- Support PMs with progress reporting (internal and external)
- Monitor schedule risk for proximity and ensure that impact or avoidance is reflected in the schedule
- Quality Assurance of Sub-contract schedules for scope, logic, durations
- This role would suit someone with 4-10 years’ project planning experience including resource and cost loaded schedules.
- Experience within process industries eg Chemicals, Oil, Gas, Water etc, ideally including FEED experience.
- Experience within the EPC contracting environment.
- Highly experienced with scheduling systems, including Primavera P6 (mandatory) and MS Project (desirable)
- Advanced Excel skills, ideally including Power Query and automating reports
As a growing, global company there are plenty of opportunities to further your career, as they continue to expand. There is the opportunity for some international travel, but only if you wish, although this is unlikely to be significant.
As well as a competitive base salary this company offers a bonus (<10% of salary) along with a range of other benefits, including enhanced pension contributions, flexible working and 2-3 days/week working from home (post-pandemic).