Job Title: IT Director (for a retail / ecommerce SaaS vendor)
Location: Central London
Salary: £90,000 – £110,000 + bonus (10%), stock options, pension, PHI etc
This is a truly exceptional opportunity for an IT Director with strong retail, ecommerce or related background and with demonstrable experience managing IT teams through periods of rapid and sustained growth, whilst delivering high availability IT infrastructure and services.
Our client has enjoyed >50% year-on-year organic growth over the past 6 yrs with VC funding enabling additional acquisitions in Europe and North America and more planned. The IT Director will report directly to the COO and will be fully accountable for the vision, strategy, governance, direction, planning and technical leadership of their internal IT function (with their SaaS platform and development being managed by a separate, dedicated team).
The IT Director will own all internal applications and platforms, including unified comms and collaboration, CRM, ITSM, ERP, HRIS, data centres, networks etc. optimising performance to deliver against business critical SLA’s. They already process over a million transactions every day, which is increasing rapidly, so ensuring scalability as they continue to grow is almost as important as ensuring industry leading availability of their internal infrastructure (24/7/365).
This position requires a high degree of business acumen. As well as managing your own CapEx and OpEx budgets and developing business cases and cost/benefit analysis for your various initiatives, you will also be a key adviser to the board, influencing their strategic direction and ensuring they make the best possible use of existing and emerging technologies to increase their competitive edge.
• An accomplished leader, motivating teams and fostering innovation to efficiently solve complex, dynamic problems. Experienced managing projects and personnel in remote global locations.
• Consultative skills across a multi-functional environment, operating with a ‘service orientation’ focus, delivering a high quality end-user experience.
• Proven track record successfully leading IT teams through periods of rapid growth, utilising lessons learnt and best practice.
• Previous experience implementing / transitioning to a global ERP that encompasses all the business enterprise software elements
• Strong distributed technologies and business systems architecture background, able to drive the results of architecture solutions across multiple Technical Delivery Teams.
• Working knowledge of Business Process Management (BPM) and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
• Experienced managing remote data centre infrastructure (co-located and cloud-based), addressing business critical issues, such as transforming from existing DC co-location arrangements to cloud solutions.
• A thorough understanding of Agile development methodology and ITIL Service Management
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral & written), proficient presenting and explaining technical information in a non-tech way. Strong vendor management and negotiation skills.
• Advanced to expert level knowledge of architecture, applications systems design and integration.
• Working understanding of: MS Windows Server 2003812, Solaris & Red Hat and VMware; MS Exchange 2010; TCPIP networking; Active Directory (AD); Maintaining a secure infrastructure, monitoring systems and proactively identifying performance issues; Admin scripting (VB, Powershell, UNIX shell scripts etc), especially in regards to helping transition services to the cloud.
• Business Rules Management System (BRMS)
• Microsoft, VMware and Ubuntu certifications (current or previous)
• Familiarity with architecture frameworks such as TOGAF (The Open Group Architecture Framework)
• Knowledge of the ISO27001 certification process and maintenance
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in an IT related field, or equivalent experience
This really is a career defining opportunity as the successful individual will be joining a highly successful, well-funded and acquisitive business, operating in a high-growth, dynamic sector that is evolving at pace. Their work environment is vibrant and highly innovative, encouraging creative solutions from all. The share options in this business could potentially be life-changing as they have BIG plans for the future, taking their Apex position in the UK and parts of Europe to world leader status.
Technology Resourcing are specialists in IT jobs
Technology Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.