Head of Technology (SaaS e-commerce platform)
Job Title: Head of Technology
TR Ref: 13452
Imagine a tech leadership role, working for a multi-£bn global leader, that makes use of your e-commerce SaaS background and your experience managing software development teams, tech strategy, enterprise architecture, security, integrations etc to build a new global platform.
Interested? You might just have found the career-defining opportunity you’ve been waiting for!
Our client is already #1 in their sector globally and is now moving to deliver more of their products and services via a self-serve, B2B e-commerce SaaS platform. They’ve already augmented 3-4 of their existing platforms to provide a single access portal to their enterprise clients in over 40 countries. Now that the concept is proven (very successfully!) the next challenge is to build in extra functionality, add a raft of new product and service streams, whilst also working to consolidate to a single platform.
You will initially be leading a team of about 60, geographically dispersed Developers and associated tech professionals, through 4 direct reports. This project is sponsored by the Group CEO, with further investment already lined up to grow your team over the coming months/years, as the platform is adopted by more global clients.
This company is passionate about employing the very best talent and then enabling them to become the best they can be, through ongoing training and development and by offering career development opportunities that only a progressive company of this size can. They have 30K staff across 100 countries, but this expanding division retains a remarkably entrepreneurial spirit and is highly collaborative across all divisions and regions. They thrive on pushing personal and business boundaries, which is driving their considerable success.
Although we’ve titled this role ‘Head of Technology’ it could well suit a CTO, VP, Head of Software Development, Head of IT / IT Director, Platform Development Manager etc. We’re not bothered what your title is today – if you’re an ambitious tech leader with the requisite e-commerce development and architectural skills, we’re just glad you found us!
To be considered for this critical, high-profile role you will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Outstanding tech leadership skills, with particular expertise managing globally dispersed Software Development teams (plus Architects, BA’s, QA etc), both internally and working with external tech partners, in a highly matrixed environment.
- Experience defining, developing and driving tech vision and strategy, along with the associated SaaS platform architecture and roadmaps.
- Significant knowledge of a diverse range of platform technologies covering cloud, IaaS and PaaS.
- Highly proficient in Product Lifecycle Management and associated SDLC.
- Strong business and commercial acumen, capable of managing a significant budget and an expert in understanding and converting complex business needs to tech specs and vice versa
- Effective operating in a constantly changing, sometimes ambiguous, corporate environment.
- Exceptional stakeholder management and influencing skills, ideally gained within a large, global organisation
- Although not mandatory, preference is likely to be shown to those who have experience within a data-centric organisation or have delivered a platform that efficiently processes large volumes of data.
Key Outcomes for this role:
- A top-performing tech team who are motivated to deliver their very best
- A tech strategy, architecture and roadmap that will ensure high performance and quality, alongside continuous innovation.
- A world-class tech platform that users will love
This is an incredible opportunity to join a highly regarded global company who are now pivoting their business model, using new tech from your team to deliver their data solutions faster, better and cheaper, whilst also dramatically improving margins!
Occasional overseas travel will be required, but this is only likely to be a max. of 1-2 trips/quarter. You will be based from their central London offices but can work from home as fits the needs of the role.
As well as your base salary, you will also enjoy an annual bonus and award-winning benefits that include private healthcare for your family, 10% pension contributions, life assurance, critical illness and the ability to buy/sell a range of other benefits. Most importantly though, you will be joining a fantastic global company, in a critical tech leadership role where your work will quickly impact an entire industry and where you will enjoy unrivaled career development opportunities.
Technology Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.