Head of Service Design & Software Development
SALARY: £60-80k + 15% bonus + excellent benefits
If you’re an accomplished manager, with a software development background, sound business acumen and the desire to really make a difference, this could well be the career defining opportunity you’ve been waiting for.
Our client, a highly respected, data-centric, global business (part of a FTSE100), is embarking on a major tech & business transformation to deliver a more advanced and modern solution to their clients. You will lead and develop a highly collaborative, supportive team of 20 (Developers, Programmers & Service Design experts), to design and develop the new offering as well as managing the legacy transition. You will develop a strategic vision and operational plan, then deliver on this to meet the needs of this evolving business to maintain and build on their dominant market position.
• A software development background is essential so you can engage effectively with the 3 x Development Team Leads (although this role doesn’t require any hands-on dev work)
• A track record of leading a motivated and successful team, particularly skilled in performance management, training and development, so you can upskill the team, whilst ensuring a cohesive and open work environment
• Experience of introducing and owning the full life cycle of product solutions or service change, ideally in a data environment
• Thought leadership on ‘technology in the next 5 years’ and an ability to put this into action from a service development perspective
• An ability to assess and explain the impact of changes that are based in complex analytical approaches, and which significantly alter their service offering
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Build a culture of high expectation and performance, ensuring developments and service enhancements are delivered accordingly
• Coach the team to achieve the agile and future focused vision and drive change
• Develop strong relationships with senior stakeholders to ensure delivery exceeds expectations of the market
• Set the overall direction, priorities and development of your team
• Work with the Project Management and Implementation teams to deliver options and recommendations for agile approach to development program and support them with thorough scoping of priorities and resourcing. Oversee your team’s contribution to implementation and transition to service
• Continually assess and adapt throughout developments to ensure outputs meet requirements and recommend further future proof enhancements.
• Deliver a program of service developments/rolling calendar of enhancement; New or tangible service change, recognised by clients as adding value; Optimisation of existing products & services
• Create a portfolio of business cases to enable prioritisation and ROI
• Define ‘enhancement’ success factors & acceptance criteria and measurement scale/framework. Metrics to measure and monitor success of enhancement approach
• Identify integration opportunities with other group companies
• Sign off on service design and development prototypes and developments
• Manage 3rd party, supplier, partner inputs and interfaces
Their tech stack (for ref only) is as follows:
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic, successful company, who REALLY value their staff – they’re in the Times Top 100 Companies to Work for and Glassdoor’s Top 25 Best Places to Work in the UK. They have an Agile Working Zone (beanbags, hammocks, break out areas etc), free fruit & refreshments and every Friday you get a free breakfast and finish at 4pm! They also operate an award winning Flexible Benefits Programme, along with usual Private Medical Insurance, Income Protection, Life Assurance, Pension etc (and host incredible staff parties through the year!)
Technology Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.