Global Head of PMO
Job Title: Global Head of PMO / PMO Manager
TR Ref: DB/13537
Location: Home-based (but need to reside in the UK)
A genuinely exciting opportunity to build a new PMO, virtually from scratch, for a global SaaS business, which delivers AI powered enterprise analytics solutions to some of the world’s biggest companies.
This role will suit an accomplished PMO Manager / Head of PMO with experience embedding and applying the core principles of Governance, Assurance, Performance Management & Quality across a global portfolio of high value, often complex and long-term, enterprise software implementations, migrations, upgrades and other changes.
- Lead on portfolio governance and cadence inc. exec reporting, stage gates, risk management etc.
- Continuously improve our client’s PM methodology and portfolio management processes
- Improve the project and programme management skills of regionally dispersed PM’s including new hire PMs and ensuring consistency across the business
- Support the development of best practice, policies and procedures within their PS team
- Conduct independent project reviews inc. audits, health checks and gate reviews
- Ensure correct and consistent use of project tools and systems across the delivery team ensuring alignment to their group methodology
- Maintain the portfolio master plan and RAIDs
- Track each project monitoring financials, baselined plans, gating etc
- Collect and share lessons learned, building a library, ensuring future improvements and summarising to leadership
- Identify and help resolve recurring issues / areas of non-compliance, along with other related PMO Continuous Improvements
- Be proactive in identifying project risks and issues, advising the relevant PM on risk and issue management plans
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- At least 5 years’ PMO experience, including PMO management (inc portfolio, resource and risk management) and ideally also including experience setting up / improving PMO processes.
- PM certified eg Prince2, PMP, MSP, P30
- Experience using PS automation tools such as Changepoint
- Thorough understanding of PM principles, methods, techniques and tools
- Understanding of SDLC methodologies such as Agile
- Results driven and resilient through change
- Leadership and coaching / mentoring skills
- Analytical and numerate
- Excellent communication skills
Our client is part of a large (multi-$bn) group of companies with a truly global presence. They are extremely well-funded with a remit for significant growth over the coming months/years (they’re already working with more than 50% of Fortune 500 companies!), hence this need to establish better governance and controls over their professional services projects.
In addition to a competitive salary, you will enjoy a 20% bonus and a great range of other flexible benefits including private healthcare, pension, income protection, life assurance etc.
Finally, this is a true remote working role, with only occasional visits needed to London and Europe.