Head of IT
Job Title: Head of IT
TR Ref: 13138
Location: London or Bucks
Salary: Up to £70K
This is a career defining opportunity for an accomplished IT Manager / Head of IT to take on the #1 IT role with our established but progressive and transforming client. This appointment would suit an ambitious and driven individual looking for a high profile role with complete responsibility for IT. With the full support of the Executive, you will set and deliver the IT and digital strategies, including driving through a programme of considerable change over the coming months and years.
Reporting to the COO this role is part of the Exec team, managing an annual budget of almost £2m and leading an IT team of 16 to ensure best use of technology and to provide a more modern and relevant service to their customers. Our client has fantastic heritage, stretching back almost 150 years and employs 230 staff in central London and Bucks. The IT team are located in both offices so you will need to work across both but can base yourself from either.
To be successful in this key role you will need a breadth of IT skills, including experience managing Developers, Web Services and Tech Support teams, ideally gained within a data intensive environment. Complimenting this you will need strong management skills along with some knowledge and experience of business and commercial management (although these last two can be developed and honed by our Client’s internal and external business mentors).
This is a brand new appointment, starting with a blank sheet of paper, but with an established team and the full support of the Executive, so you really will be able to make this role your own. The current team is made up of teams covering Technical Support, Web Services and Database & Infrastructure Developers.
From digital strategy to architecture, security, storage and development you will regularly be making decisions such as whether to build or buy, insource or outsource, cloud or on-prem etc.
Core Responsibilities will include:
• Management and development of the IT team, both permanent staff and freelance contractors, including objective setting, appraisals and skills management
• Development and delivery of the IT strategy, businesses plans, project plans, procurement plans, resource plans and production and presentation of IT investment business cases
• Ensure all relevant quality systems are in place, maintained and adhered to
• Optimization of current Services, Systems and Skills
• Develop a Requirements Management regime for current and future IT developments, prioritisation, release management etc.
• Management of the entire IT budget
• Advising on forthcoming office relocations
• Migration and consolidation of several large legacy databases
• Managing the development and delivery of web-based, self-service customer portals
Mandatory Skills, Experience & Qualifications:
• Strong and demonstrable management skills
• 10 years’ experience, including 5 years’ managing IT development and services teams
• Experience managing substantial IT budgets and IT improvement or transformation projects
• Excellent interpersonal, influencing and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Relevant Degree (2:1 and above)
Technology Resourcing are specialists in IT jobs
Technology Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.