Embedded Android (Java) Software Engineers
TR Ref: 13573
Location: Oxford (2 days/week in the office; 3 days/week from home).
Salary: Up to £80K + excellent benefits
Our client is a well-funded ($100m+), rapidly scaling tech company who are set to revolutionise an entire industry, globally.
We are proud to be working with them to grow their Embedded Software Engineering team, helping them recruit an additional native Android Software expert.
You will be working alongside some of the brightest minds in the country, writing new Android code and improving/extending their existing codebase, which is both sophisticated and complex.
You should be comfortable working in a truly agile environment, with Scrum Masters, daily stand-ups and fortnightly sprints. You should also be a good communicator, able to effectively convey complex tech issues to colleagues such as UX Designers, Product Managers, Testers etc.
Mandatory Skills / Experience:
- A successful track record delivering stable Android applications
- Experienced programming in Java for Android, along with associated tools and test frameworks
- UI design and implementation
- Experience integrating apps via APIs
- Experience writing detailed requirements and design documents
- Good communication skills
- A technical degree, or equivalent experience
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Embedded Android experience
- Knowledge of AOSP
- Creating Android Kiosk mode apps
- Android Custom Controls
- Experience developing software for safety-critical applications such as automotive, aerospace, medical devices or similar.
- Proficient with Android Studio
- Experience with MVC, MVP, MVVM or similar design patterns
- Android custom controls
- Experience of Appium
- Experience of bootloaders
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Previous experience building Cloud and IoT tech
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Peer code review experience
This really is a career-defining opportunity, where you will join a remarkable team who are laser-focused on dramatically improving the lives of millions of people across the globe.
To secure the very best software talent they offer an excellent range of benefits including a learning budget (4% of salary/yr) + 12 learning days/year, private healthcare, a wellbeing allowance (£500), life assurance, income protection, pension, travel insurance, free breakfasts etc. They will also help with relocation, for those that need it, including sponsoring visa’s.