Director of IT Architecture & Infrastructure
Job Title: IT Director
Location: Central London
Salary: £90,000 – £110,000 + bonus (10%), stock options, pension, PHI etc
This award winning, pre-IPO software company has enjoyed >50% year-on-year organic growth over the past 6 yrs. and substantial Tier 1 VC funding has enabled recent acquisitions in Europe and North America with further planned. This critical new IT Director role reports directly to the COO and will be fully accountable for the vision, strategy, governance, direction, planning and technical leadership of their IT function (the only exception being the development of their SaaS and on-premise software solutions which are managed by a separate team).
They already process a million transactions every day, which is increasing rapidly, so as well as ensuring industry leading availability of their infrastructure (24/7/365) you will also manage the redevelopment of their enterprise architecture to enable complete scalability as their growth continues and accelerates. The IT Director will also own their internal applications and platforms, including unified comms and collaboration, CRM, ITSM, ERP, HRIS, data centres, networks etc. optimising performance to deliver against business critical SLA’s.
This role requires a high degree of business acumen. As well as managing your own CapEx and OpEx budgets and developing business cases and cost/benefit analysis for your various initiatives, the IT Director will also be a key adviser to the board, influencing their strategic direction and ensuring they make the best possible use of existing and emerging technologies to increase their competitive edge.
• Strong distributed technologies and business systems architecture background, able to drive the results of architecture solutions across multiple Technical Delivery Teams.
• Working knowledge of Business Process Management (BPM) and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
• Proven track record successfully leading an IT team through period/s of rapid and sustained growth, utilising lessons learnt and best practice.
• Experienced managing remote data centre infrastructure (co-located and cloud-based), addressing business critical issues, such as transforming from existing DC co-location arrangements to utilising a cloud solution.
• Deep understanding of Agile development methodology and ITIL Service Management (ideally certified)
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral & written), proficient presenting and explaining technical information in a non-tech way. Strong vendor management and negotiation skills.
• An accomplished leader, motivating teams and fostering innovation to efficiently solve complex, dynamic problems. Experienced managing projects and personnel in remote global locations.
• Consultative skills across a multi-functional environment, operating with a ‘service orientation’ focus, delivering a high quality end-user experience.
• Advanced to expert level knowledge of architecture, applications systems design and integration.
• Working understanding of the following technologies:
• MS Windows Server 2003 812, Solaris & Red Hat and VMware – infrastructure design, deployment, configuration and management and MS Exchange 2010 administration
• TCPIP networking knowledge
• Active Directory (AD) design, configuration and management
• Maintaining a secure infrastructure, monitoring systems and proactively identifying performance issues
• Administration scripting, including using VB, Powershell and UNIX shell scripts, especially in regards to helping transition services to the cloud.
• Business Rules Management System (BRMS)
• Microsoft, VMware and Ubuntu certifications (current or previous)
• Familiarity with architecture frameworks such as TOGAF (The Open Group Architecture Framework)
• Knowledge of the ISO27001 certification process and maintenance
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in an IT related field, or equivalent experience
This really is a career defining opportunity as the successful individual will be joining a highly successful, well-funded and acquisitive business, operating in a high-growth, dynamic sector that is evolving at pace. Their work environment is vibrant and highly innovative, encouraging creative solutions from all. The share options in this business could potentially be life-changing as they have BIG plans for the future, taking their Apex position in the UK and parts of Europe to world leader status.
Technology Resourcing are specialists in IT jobsTechnology Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.