Director of Enterprise Architecture
Job: Director of Enterprise Architecture
TR Ref: 13502
Location: London (although 50% WFH, post-pandemic)
We are delighted to be supporting this large global client (>10K staff) as they begin a huge tech transformation, expanding, upgrading and evolving their tech platforms and infrastructure.
This new leadership role reports directly to the CIO, establishing and maturing an internal EA practice. This is a ‘Player / Manager’ role, moving them from a largely demand-driven IT function, into one which partners with the business to better drive technology-enabled strategy & innovation, whilst also ensuring a secure, scalable and stable architecture, across the organisation.
Once you’ve understood their existing IT architecture and how this underpins and drives their operations (along with any technical debt, capability gaps etc), you will work with Product and Platform colleagues to define the To-Be state and associated roadmaps. At the same time, you will also be supporting / guiding / assuring in-flight initiatives which you will need to balance with steering longer-term investment, defining / continuously improving their EA framework etc.
- Experience leading small team/s of Enterprise Architects (not just Solutions/Technology/Platform Architects)
- Strong understanding and practical experience of EA working practices and different frameworks eg TOGAF, Zachman.
- Experience working in large (5K+), matrixed organisations – preferably operational data-led businesses.
- Full lifecycle experience of complex technology change programmes
- Outstanding stakeholder management and collaboration skills
- Understanding of emerging technology and trends and how they are applied to best effect.
- Strong understanding of commercial drivers and strategic context of relevant large-scale businesses
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, independently managing priorities and challenges to balance delivery across multiple initiatives.
This really is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly regarded, progressive company as they start a major, global transformation of their tech platforms. Along with a competitive base salary and significant annual bonus you will join their award-winning benefits programme which includes private healthcare for the family, 10% employer pension and a raft of other flexible benefits.