Developer – VBA, MS Access, SQL
Job Title: Developer – VBA, Access & SQL
Location: Basildon, Essex
TR Ref: 13301
Salary: Up to £45K
Our client is an established, independent IT and telecoms consultancy providing support and managed services to a diverse range of businesses. They are now looking for an enthusiastic Developer, reporting to the Head of IT, to work on multiple ongoing inter-related system developments and enhancements, so you will need to be organised, methodical and self-motivated.
Their bespoke (internally developed) customer and product management systems have complex SQL backends with several web and MS Access / VBA front-end tools, so we’re looking for someone experienced in MS SQL Server, MSOffice VBA , C# / VB.net (web applications) and HTML. As well as web based and VBA functional developments, in a rapidly changing environment, you will be conducting data extractions and producing data quality analysis and management information across a range of data sources.
We need someone who can develop apps in a prototype environment, write stored procedures and SQL functions from scratch, write efficient code that avoids locking and is fully error trapped. Successful candidates will be used to developing in a semi-live or live environment and have extensive and current T-SQL knowledge. On top of that we need solid experience in Access VBA using disconnected recordset management
- Extensive VBA development experience in MS Access
- Complex SQL (Stored Procedures, Functions, Triggers) on Microsoft SQL Server
- C# .NET / ASP.NET application development
- Experience of Web Services (Web API & WCF) development
- This role will be partly client-facing so we’re also looking for strong communication skills and the ability to effectively capture requirements, report progress etc.
- MS SQL Server maintenance and performance experience
- MS Excel VBA development
- SSIS & SSRS
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Business Process Automation software eg VisualCron
- ETL/Data Warehouse experience
This is a high profile role which is integral to the continued growth of the company, requiring liaison with the MD, as well as the Head of IT. Accordingly there is considerable opportunity for further development within this highly successful and ambitious company.
Technology Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.