Data Mining Analyst
This highly regarded global consultancy is part of a FTSE 100 group employing over 150,000 staff across 100 countries. One of their key projects involves measuring the number of people viewing a range of online and broadcast media, including tracking audiences via metadata tagging.
As a result they are now looking to recruit a dedicated Data Mining Analyst to perform key data quality and reporting functions for this groundbreaking new service. You will be trained on their proprietary tools and analysis techniques by in-house experts before taking responsibility for all data queries across the service set-up and maintenance phases. You will be leveraging your data mining expertise to perform key data analysis and create reports, whilst using your service management skills to present to, and work with, their high profile end client.
You will be our client’s UK based expert and key data contact, responsible for mining, analysis and insight, working closely with the Project Manager, Service Delivery Manager and other project colleagues to provide data analysis and evaluations during the project set-up phase. Principal responsibilities will include:
• Create and maintain quality control and custom reporting for stakeholders and leadership using appropriate data visualizations and formats, written and verbal updates
• Analyse data trends and highlight irregular patterns or oddities
• Document and respond to all data queries from their end-client, affiliates and internal colleagues to address reporting concerns and ensure data integrity
• Attend client and industry meetings to present data, provide insight and discuss issues
• Correspond with Data Analysts from other companies involved on the project
• Implement a comprehensive set of tests to guarantee the accuracy and integrity of published output.
• Solid database management and programming background (3 yrs+ experience)
• Hive data warehouse infrastructure experience, within the Hadoop ecosystem
• SQL programming language skills
• Additional experience of web analytics tools preferred
• Proficient on MS Office packages
• Highly numerate with an analytical approach and enjoys working with data
• Confident talking about data with the ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner to non-technical people, ie describing the impact of complex system processes on reporting data
• Strong written and verbal communication and collaboration skills; great attention to detail
• Experience of online media or the broadcast industry would be ideal, but not essential
Technology Resourcing Ltd – Specialists in technical IT Jobs & Recruitment throughout the UKTechnology Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.