Cloud Engineers (Azure or Azure&AWS)
Job title: Cloud Engineers (Azure or Azure&AWS)
Location: Munich, Germany OR Vienna, Austria (3 days/week in the office, 2days remote working)
TR Ref: CL/13583
This multi-€bn eCommerce company is PE owned with 1,200 staff across 10 European offices. They are scaling, at pace, targeting €10bn t/o in the coming years, so are now looking to hire several experienced Cloud Engineers to enable this growth, improving the efficiency, capability, security and stability of their 24/7 infrastructure.
This role sits within their Technical Products organisation but you will also be supporting cross-functional projects. Their Cloud Engineering team work in a mature DevOps and IaC environment, providing public cloud infrastructure, governance, guidance and support to product development teams in 4 countries. They design, develop and operate a multi-cloud (Azure & AWS) environment that is organized, robust, scalable and secure for deployment, including management and monitoring of their tech products and applications in a highly reliable and available platform.
What you will you be doing:
- Implement best practice for security, governance and management of cloud environments.
- Help develop and manage in-house provisioning and account management tools.
- Build secure baselines to be provisioned in the cloud environments for their products.
- Use open-source tools, or implement your own, to provide solutions.
- Drive automation to speed time-to-market.
- Improve platform availability and stability to prevent disruptions to business operations.
- Support DevOps teams.
- Ensure 24/7 availability of platform services and respond to incidents during on-call duty.
- A proven track record in Cloud Engineering.
- At least 3 years experience developing pure AZURE or AWS and Azure cloud platforms. (Preference majority Azure experience)
- Strong knowledge of working in multi-account environments (AWS accounts or Azure subscriptions)
- A passion for new Cloud Engineering technologies
- Experience throughout the entire product lifecycle, from inception and design through deployment to operation and subsequent optimisation.
- Open-minded, solution-oriented and collaborative, working effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Fluent English (at least CEFR B2)
- Flexibility to provide out-of-hours, on-call support, one week in every two months (paid in addition)
Preferred Tech Skills:
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Scripting skills preferably Python, Typescript, Bash or PowerShell
- Basic network infrastructure eg DNS, Firewalling, Load Balancing etc
- Experience with Event-Driven Architectures (EDA) and REST APIs
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IAC) tools such as Terraform (preferred), CloudFormation, Ansible etc.
- Docker or Kubernetes
- DevOps toolbox GIT, Docker, Jira, Confluence, BitBucket etc
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment
Benefits include: 10% bonus; Hybrid working – this role requires you to be in their office (central Munich or Vienna) 8 days/month, but you can work from home the other days; 28 days’ annual vacation + another 2 days off over the Christmas/New Year break; Reduced gym membership; Mobile phone; Internal/external training to ensure continued personal development; 20% discount on their products.