Chief Technology Officer (SaaS)
Job Title: Chief Technology Officer (SaaS)
TR Ref: 13494-2
Location: UK / Italy
This rapidly expanding global SaaS company are looking for an accomplished CTO to drive the operation and evolution of their technology, leading a pan-European team of c.100.
This key leadership role requires an enterprise software expert to define and execute the technology roadmap of their AI-based B2B solution which is used by globally renowned brands to manage, analyse, automate and optimise their sales, finance and operational planning processes. We’re looking for a commercially astute technology leader to translate business strategy to technology roadmaps and to inform business strategy through technology innovation.
This really is a career-defining opportunity to join an established, highly successful software company (within a wider multi-£bn group), transforming their technology function in preparation for accelerated global growth.
- Define and execute a technology roadmap to support rapid growth over the next three years.
- Embed process, frameworks, rigour and structure to ensure a mature, fit for growth tech organisation capable of serving a global enterprise client base.
- Prioritise investment to optimise innovation and technology development.
- Embed new capabilities and offerings into the solution across data and analytics.
- Optimise the performance of software development teams, ensuring a clear focus on business priorities.
- Steer the business strategy based on technology innovation to drive new growth opportunities.
- Ensure a highly scalable architecture framework and seamless integration of acquired technologies and teams.
- Guide the technology organisation holistically (organisation shape, talent, processes, investment) through their work plans to accelerate decision making and minimise risk.
- Drive a culture of innovation and continuous improvement.
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS (please apply only if you genuinely fulfil all the following criteria):
- Experience successfully leading similar sized tech teams (50-100+) within high-growth B2B SaaS companies (preferably ERP or related).
- Experience transforming technology teams (inc. software development) to become structured, high-performing organisations.
- Experience scaling technology businesses through a combination of innovation, M&A, partnership and organic models, optimising growth at pace.
- Knowledgeable in application architecture and delivering scalable SaaS roadmaps.
- Experience leading the integration of acquired capabilities and building effective relationships across joint-ventures and partnerships.
- Able to influence and engage with a variety of business cultures and styles across multiple global locations, within a fast-paced, multi-layered, matrix environment.
- Able to navigate ambiguity and complexity by applying sound judgement and decisiveness.
- Highly commercial business leader who understands and is led by business value drivers.
- An authentic leader, with outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to build trust quickly, approaching people with candour, sensitivity, courage and humour.
To attract and retain the very best tech leader our client is offering a market-leading base salary along with an annual bonus worth up to 30% of base salary, private healthcare for the family, life assurance, income protection, 10% employer pension contribution and a range of other benefits within their award-winning flexible benefits package.