Chief Technology Officer (SaaS) Northern Italy
Job Title: Chief Technology Officer (SaaS)
TR Ref: 13494
Location: Northern Italy
This expanding, well-funded and highly regarded SaaS company is looking for an accomplished CTO to lead their technology team of c.100, working out of four European offices.
This key leadership role will define and drive the tech roadmap for their B2B ERP solution which is used by global enterprises to manage, analyse, automate and optimise critical elements of their sales and finance processes.
- Define and deliver a highly scalable architecture framework that integrates efficiently with other solutions, eases deployment and ensures portability of customer configurations and extensions between releases
- Optimise the performance of the software development team ensuring correct structure, process, frameworks and clear focus on business priorities
- Drive a culture of innovation and continuous improvement across the tech organisation
- Guide the technology function (organisation shape, talent, processes, investment…) to accelerate decision making whilst minimising risk.
- Define and embed:
- Effective release management of new software versions and security updates.
- An efficient testing strategy, that remains robust across a range of customer configurations and customisations.
- Continuous monitoring of the health of the environment, monitoring critical metrics to ensure enterprise-class user experience
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS (i.e. please apply only if you can evidence all of the following):
- Experience successfully leading a similar-sized tech team (50-100+), including software developers, within a B2B SaaS company (preferably ERP or related).
- Knowledgeable in application architecture with experience delivering scalable technology roadmaps.
- Strategically minded, whilst also able to translate strategy to detailed execution plans, at pace.
- Previous experience building, developing, leading and continuously improving development teams.
- A results-focused, self-starter, with a high degree of business and commercial acumen, comfortable working autonomously and confident managing complexity, with rigor.
- Effective in driving robust, sustainable change, inc. tech, organisation, culture and pace.
- Excellent comms, interpersonal and influencing skills, quickly building trust and respect, internally and externally.
- Experience working within a global, multi-layered matrix environment
- Fluent English
- Experience leading a software company’s transition from on-premise to SaaS model.
- Leadership experience gained within a mid-sized company – c.200-300 staff; $30-50m.
- Experience working within a larger, global organisation or group.
This really is a career-defining opportunity, to join an established, highly successful software company (within a wider multi-€bn group), as they prepare to accelerate their global growth.
To attract and retain the very best talent, in addition to a competitive base salary, our client also offers an annual bonus (< 30% of base salary), a car allowance (€9K) and a range of other benefits within their award-winning flexible benefits package, inc. private medical and dental cover, company contributed pension scheme (matched funding + 2%), travel insurance and flexible working.
NOTE: Please ensure your CV/resume is presented in English