Business Analyst/Project Manager – Scanning Solutions
Job Title: Business Analysts (/ Project Managers) – Document Processing
Location: UK, Home Based
TR Ref: DBJS/TR6402
Salary: £35-£55K, plus £5K bonus
Our client is a global Business Process Outsource provider, delivering document processing and management solutions to large clients, mostly in the finance, utilities and telecoms sectors.
Increasing global sales means that their UK based PS team are now hiring two additional Business Analysts who are also happy managing the delivery of allocated projects. These roles are home based (ideally from South or Central England), so they need people who are flexible, self-sufficient and conscientious, with superb organisational skills.
- Working independently, or within a client’s programme team, delivering defined work packages
- Drafting Statements of Work to define the scope, deliverables, budget and timescales
- Gathering and documenting business requirements, from both internal and client stakeholders
- Working with developers, end-users and other stakeholders, designing new business processes and systems to satisfy the documented requirements
- Writing Service Definition (Process/ System Design) documentation
- Process mapping and technical documentation, for both new and existing business processes and systems
- Creating end-user/administrator guides for new systems
- General data analysis and benchmarking
- Gaining approval for delivered systems, by acting as a Test Manager to plan, design and implement test cycles
Although working from home, you will certainly be a strong team player, with an appreciation for the bigger programme picture, often contributing to areas usually outside your remit. You will be goal-focused, tenacious and innovative, constantly challenging the status quo, seeking self-improvement, and more efficient ways of working.
You will be IT literate, with a logical and methodical approach, working to our client’s structured project methodology.
Excellent communication skills are mandatory, as you will be engaging with their large clients in meetings, workshops, presentations, issue management and escalation.
Skills and Experience
- A solid understanding of Document Management (Scanning / Imaging; OCR, ICR, OMR; Physical Records Management) and/or Digital Mail Rooms (Mail Processing, Management and Services; Mail Sorting / Classification)
- Document Author capabilities (MS Excel, Word & Visio). Creation of Specification content (they have templates), test scripts, test scenarios etc
- Working knowledge and application of structured mapping processes (eg. BPMN 2.0 but this is not essential)
- Technically competent, although not to a server or network level, rather an understanding of how things hang together, the relationships between components and how data would flow through systems – outputs from one are required as inputs to another etc.
- Degree qualified or equivalent, with a full UK driving license
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience providing consultancy services in this field (imaging, indexing, email ingestion, online image hosting etc.) or perhaps some pre-sales support
- Some project management experience (although our client will put you through Prince2 Practitioner certification)
- Knowledge of structured testing and sign-off activity
- Understanding of other digital imaging software tool sets, such as Kofax
Technology Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.