3rd Line Senior Support Engineer – City of London
Senior Support Engineer
Our client are an IT support and solutions provider that work with 50 key clients and 800 users in the City of London. They have a dedicated team of experienced engineers supporting predominantly Microsoft operating systems with some Apple, as well as both ongoing and project solutions and regular or emergency site visits.
The main part of this role is to act as an account IT engineer for key clients, working as both a solutions architect and pre-sales consultant as well as providing an escalation point for the service desk. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who can provide a high level of support, as well as interface with upper management of key clients – providing a technical insight to a non-technical audience.
The Ideal Candidate,
• 5 years’ experience in a hands-on technical role working to structured processes with a track record of developing and delivering technical solutions. Preferably from an IT solutions provider, with exposure to multiple site support.
• The ability to provide 3rd line support, as well as being an escalation point for other analysts.
• Experience working in an ITIL environment.
• Current Microsoft and possibly Cisco Accreditation.
• Hands-on experience with a variety of server and desktop operating systems and applications, including; Windows, Exchange, Active Directory, data backup and remote support and monitoring tools.
• Implementation of cloud based SaaS and IaaS solutions.
• Hands on experience with virtualisation technologies such as Vmware ESX and Hyper-V.
• Network technologies such as routing protocols, switching and QoS.
• Experience of networking appliances, especially Cisco, Hewlett Packard and Juniper.
• Experience of IT security solutions.
Technology Resourcing Ltd – Specialists in technical IT Jobs & Recruitment throughout the UKTechnology Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.