3rd Line Infrastructure Support Engineer
Our client is a Business Process Outsource provider, part of a £6bn group with 60K staff worldwide, delivering back-office workflow and e-commerce solutions to large (mostly Fortune 500) clients, especially those in the finance, utilities & telecoms sectors.
Continued growth in the UK, where they have approx. 1,500 users, means they are now hiring additional 3rd Line Infrastructure Support Engineers to build, deploy, support, manage and maintain their Servers (physical and virtual), IP Networks and Desktops, along with other hardware and software asset management. You will also be helping to deliver a variety of projects, which this year includes rolling out virtualised desktops, gaining PCI accreditation and a new Data Centre build.
This is a really exciting opportunity to join a dynamic and rapidly expanding company that offers great training and career progression. The career path for this individual is towards an analyst role – which is less BAU and more project oriented.
• Physical & Virtual Server build, installation, management and maintenance
• Server Application maintenance, installation and support including Databases and DBA activities
• Storage installation and maintenance
• Managing and monitoring backups
• Building Desktops, Thin Clients and Laptops
• Antivirus / HIDS monitoring and maintenance
• Citrix Application Infrastructure
• Active Directory / Group Policies
• Software Delivery
• Asset Management (HW, SW, Licenses)
• Provide out of hours support, as part of an on call rota
• Demonstrable experience supporting Windows Server Platforms at a 3rd line level. Ideally MCSA or MCSE
• Good experience supporting Virtualisation solutions, ideally VMware or Vsphere. VCP certification would be desirable, but not essential
• Active Directory (AD) – Group Policy Management
• SAN/NAS Storage (Dell Equallogic, Netapp, HP MSA)
• Backups (Backup Exec, Veeam)
• Software Security and Antivirus (McAfee Antivirus and ePolicy Orchestrator)
• Citrix XenApp and / or Citrix XenDesktop
• Candidates must be able to pass our client’s security checks, which due to the nature of their work, normally means you will have had to have been a resident in the UK for at least 5 years.
• Customer focused, able to effectively manage your own work and with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• ITIL Certified
• Linux, RedHat, AIX
• Kofax Capture
• Knowledge of Print environments
• Knowledge of Information regulatory compliance (ISO27001 or PCI compliance)
Technology Resourcing Ltd – Specialists in technical IT Jobs & Recruitment throughout the UKTechnology Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.