Training Business Manager (Project Controls)
Title: Training Business Manager (Project Controls)
TR Ref: 13474
Salary: £45-55K plus bonus (20% of the profit)
Location: Remote, work from home,
with one day at their London/SouthEast office every 2 weeks
Our client is looking for someone to manage operations of their established planning and project controls training function, including setting strategy and full P&L ownership, whilst also personally developing business from new and existing accounts.
Reporting directly to the Group CEO your objectives are to:
- Grow both the B2C and B2B parts of the business.
- Enhance the UK client base and revenues, along with supporting their expansion overseas.
- Develop and deliver the business strategy.
- Ensure robust and equitable commercial agreements are in place with Suppliers and Clients.
- Accountable for the financial performance of the business.
- Ownership and delivery of the business unit strategy.
- Develop new business, and increase revenue from existing accounts, both from within the training business and leveraging relationships from elsewhere within the group.
- Line management responsibility for the team, setting goals and objectives and ensuring KPIs are clearly defined, communicated and measured.
- Analyse, advise and respond to market trends
- Develop and update policies and procedures
As part of their group wide CSR program, you will also be responsible for the company’s community website (the cost of which is met by external sponsors), regularly sharing updates and advancements in global project controls. This will require you to liaise with sponsors, industry leaders and members (corporate and individual) in order to update the site with relevant content. This engagement will obviously also help drive prospective clients to the training business, and elsewhere within the group, but profits are re-invested in enhancing the community portal for the benefit of all Project Controls specialists across the globe.
Qualification and Experience:
- Degree (Level 6) qualified, or equivalent
- 10+ years Project Controls training / consulting experience OR a thorough understanding of Project Controls or Project Management with significant experience leading a training business
- Proven ability to define and deliver growth targets and to lead within a highly matrix organisation.
- Outstanding communication and business development skills
This is a great opportunity to join a growing, highly regarded consultancy. You will be introduced to, and take over relationships with, customers who already use/have used their training services and existing / past customers from other parts of the group. You will own the entire function, with complete autonomy for operations and P&L, being rewarded with a generous 20% of the resulting profit.