Technical Project Director – Rail IT Systems
TITLE: Technical Project Director – IT Railway Systems
TR REF: 13288
SALARY: £120K + 20% bonus + full expat package
Our client is a highly regarded, global consultancy who are delivering a complex and revolutionary asset and maintenance management system for a rail client in Singapore. The Project Director will lead a globally dispersed team delivering to time, cost, quality and revenue contractual spec’s, whilst acting as the primary interface between the consultancy and the end client.
This is a complex project utilising the very latest tech and with many interfaces and dependencies. You will be leading an impressive team of Subject Matter Experts including Systems Architects, RTS specialists, Security Consultants, Business Analysts, Data Engineers & Data Scientists. Knowledge of analytics, performance testing and asset management will be key.
Accordingly, you will need at least 10 years’ experience consulting in the railway industry, supporting and delivering the design, development and implementation of IT or related systems.
- Leading the overall solution design, programme shaping and business case creation, including systems architecture, cost, commercial and contractual viability and identification of risk levels.
- Accountable to the end client for all aspects of the design, development, delivery, installation, integration, testing, implementation, operation and maintenance of the system
- Manage an extended team of both internal and external resource, agreeing and driving delivery, reviewing and approving projects and setting objectives. Collaborate also with technology partners and others involved in the development and design.
- Understand the business drivers and nuances of the project as it relates to the railway industry, specifically Asset Management Tracking Systems.
- Manage the commercial elements of projects (internal costs, external suppliers) to identify and drive the best commercial delivery option and to manage delivery ensuring all parties are fully aware of costs.
- Record and deliver customer’s quality expectations of an entire programme and the constituent deliverables
- Ensure all stakeholders are committed and completely aware of the critical path
- Raise awareness of, and manage risks, issues, and change in a cost effective and timely manner.
- Plan and allocate resources proactively to ensure timely delivery
- Responsible for all safety matters throughout the project
Skills and Experience (mandatory)
- Extensive knowledge of the railway as a system and the commercial, technical and economic drivers that affect performance
- 10+ yrs experience of project/portfolio management within the railway industry, delivering the design, development and implementation of IT or related systems. You will have managed at least one implementation of a similar nature and complexity in the RTF domain.
- Strong leadership, good communications and excellent problem-solving skills in an inter-organisational environment
- Understanding of asset maintenance and refurbishment, RTS operations, system reliability and performance.
- Able to work as the focal point of communication and coordination with uses, vendors, contractors and personnel working on the project.
- Engineering degree qualified
- IT Project Management certification or professional membership, or equivalent
This role is available either as a fixed-term, direct-hire contract (18-24 months to set up the project and transition to others) or as a permanent staff employee, as our client is a large employer, with over 30K staff worldwide, so has many other PD level opportunities available on other prestigious transportation projects across the globe.
Technology Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.