AWS Technical Product Owner
Location: Munich, Germany (3 days/week in the office, 2days remote working)
This multi-€bn eCommerce company is PE owned with 1,200 staff across 10 European offices. They are scaling, at pace, targeting €10bn t/o in the coming years, so are now looking to hire an AWS product specialist to enable this growth, improving the efficiency, capability, security and stability of their 24/7 infrastructure.
This role sits within their Cloud Engineering team. You will be supporting cross-functional projects, working in a mature DevOps and IaC environment, providing public cloud infrastructure, governance, guidance and support to product development teams in 4 countries. They design, develop and operate a multi-cloud (Azure & AWS) environment that is organized, robust, scalable and secure for deployment, including management and monitoring of their tech products and applications in a highly reliable and available platform.
What you will you be doing:
- Technical leadership for designing, building and advancing dedicated products.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders and local delivery teams to design, test and maintain products, while aligning efforts and prioritizing work throughout the respective stages (alpha, beta and production).
- Develop and maintain the target application architecture and blueprints, as well as strategic roadmaps.
- Maintain reference architecture and define shared application components, platforms, interfaces, and other relevant tools and components.
- Plan and lead Proof of Concepts (PoCs) to explore new technologies and design approaches.
- Produce high-level design choices and recommendations based on thorough architecture alternative analysis.
- Interpreting business requirements, creating technical artifacts and determining efficient and appropriate solution designs.
- Ensure successful delivery of projects and products.
- Introduce suitable technical solutions, alingned to the needs of the business, customers and end-users.
- Provide support for escalated issues related to end-user systems.
- Mentor other engineers within the Cloud team.
- Implement best practice for cloud security, governance and management.
- Help develop and manage in-house provisioning and account management tools.
- Improve platform availability and stability, ensuring 24/7 platform service availability and provide incident response during on-call duty
- At least 3 years experience developing AWS cloud solutions.
- Strong knowledge of working in multi-account environments, specialising on AWS
- Experience throughout the entire AWS product lifecycle, from inception and design through deployment to operation and subsequent optimisation.
- Open-minded, solution-oriented and collaborative, working effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Fluent English (at least CEFR B2)
- Flexibility to provide out-of-hours, on-call support, one week every two months (paid in addition)
- University degree or equivalent experience
- Scripting skills preferably Python, Typescript, Bash or PowerShell
- Basic network infrastructure eg DNS, Firewalling, Load Balancing etc
- Experience with Event-Driven Architectures (EDA) and REST APIs
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IAC) tools such as Terraform (preferred), CloudFormation, Ansible etc.
- Docker or Kubernetes skills
- DevOps toolbox GIT, Docker, Jira, Confluence, BitBucket etc
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment
Benefits include: 10% bonus; Hybrid working – this role requires you to be in their office (central Munich) an average of 3 days/week, but you can work from home the other days; 28 days’ annual vacation + another 2 days off over the Christmas/New Year break; Reduced gym membership; Mobile phone; Internal/external training to ensure continued personal development; Consumer product discount.