Job Title: Software Developers – Intermediate and Senior
TR Ref: 13532
Location: UK remote or hybrid working (100% remote working if you wish)
We’re recruiting several Software Engineers with a genuine passion for high-quality, scalable and robust software, with strong engineering principles, methodical problem-solving skills and who understand the balance between the art of design and programming.
Our client is a highly regarded, global software company, with an impressive leadership team who really value their software engineering team, offering truly flexible working (inc. full remote or hybrid working), 10% innovation time and funded training. They are expanding at pace so are hiring these additional Software Engineers to accelerate development of the front and back end of their B2B SaaS solutions, to improve their customer’s online journeys.
You will be joining a team of about 20 software engineering professionals, but also collaborating with UX Designers, Test Engineers, Product Managers, Data Scientists etc, iterating on new features for their existing and new platforms. You will be working in a hybrid ScrumBan environment, with a Scrum Master running fortnightly sprints, designing, coding, verifying, testing, documenting, amending and refactoring relatively complex products. To support this you will also conduct peer-code reviews, design test cases/scripts and help with requirement design and specification reviews.
To be successful in this role we’re looking for the following skills and experience:
• Extensive C# development skills, with .NET core, and ideally some CI/CD tooling experience
• Preference will be given to those who also have some experience with modern, front-end tech, such as React, Angular or other JS languages, but this is not mandatory, if you’re happy to learn.
• Experience building RESTful APIs
• Thorough knowledge of general web technologies (eg the latest HTML and CSS standards)
• Experience building responsive, mobile-first applications
• Experience of Test Driven Development
• Thorough knowledge of good software design principles and coding standards
• GIT experience
• Preferred, but not essential: Experience with Test Automation tools (Jest, Cypress TestCafe, Selenium etc); MS Azure; AWS; Kubernetes; Docker containers.
You will need to be able to demonstrate effective interpersonal and communication skills, be comfortable working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process, be collaborative, organised and with solid time management and planning skills.
You will be joining a fast-growth, PE backed software company, with a highly progressive and supportive leadership team who genuinely put their staff at the centre of everything they do, including a truly flexible working model allowing you to work from home or one of their offices (central London or Bucks) as often as you choose.
In addition to a competitive base salary (ranging from £45-80K) and a 10% annual bonus, you will also benefit from Private Health Insurance, Health Cash Plan, discounted gym membership, life assurance and a range of other benefits including being able to buy additional holiday (25->30 days/yr) and finishing early on Friday’s during the summer.