Software and Systems Development Manager
This well-known and highly regarded membership organisation is looking for someone to lead and re-shape their internal development team of 7-10 (consisting of Developers, a SQL DBA, BA, QA & a PM), bringing them together, with the appropriate processes and leadership, to create a more efficient and effective team.
Reporting directly to the Head of IT, you will be responsible for all software development, undertaken by both their internal team and an external software house, along with liaising with other departments such as Test, Infrastructure and Project Management. By way of example, they are currently re-developing their websites and databases, with improved customer functionality and business intelligence capability.
You will need to be experienced in producing and maintaining development standards for application to all their software development projects, encompassing requirements specification, tools and techniques, development environments, release management, configuration management, VV&T and documentation, support and maintenance. You will also need strong workflow and process skills to build rigour and consistency into their operation.
• Day-to-day management of the internal development team, including objective setting, appraisal and skills management
• Interaction with Process Experts, Business Experts and Programme Managers to ensure that requirements are formulated properly
• Project planning and management for development of systems
• Technical leadership to each development project
• Advising the Head of IT on all matters concerning systems development
• Responsibility for development project budgets
• 5 years’ experience managing development teams and substantial development projects
• A track record of improving development team operations, ideally able to demonstrate delivering best-in-class development cost and experience of ITIL with regards to software support and maintenance
• Knowledge of all relevant technologies: database, web, software development and environments, SaaS, enterprise systems. Systems integration including systems development lifecycle, testing, release, change and configuration management.
• Excellent people management and communication skills.
• Able to work effectively under pressure, maintaining a positive outlook
• A clear and rational thinker, with effective influencing skills
• An HNC/D or degree would be preferred, but is not essential if the individual has sufficient experience along with relevant software accreditations.
Their tech stack is: Umbraco, Octopus, Selenium, Elastics, .net, TFS git/TFSVC, Visual Studio 2013/15, Team City, C# .NET, Web API, Entity Framework & SQL Server. They use Jira for issue tracking and project management and experience with Node.js and Kibana would be ideal.
Although based from central London, you will need to visit their other offices in Bucks, with occasional overseas travel.
This really is a great opportunity to join an established and highly reputable organisation, helping them transform their IT function. This initial assignment is a 3-months, but with a good likelihood of it extending thereafter and/or converting to permanent employment.
Technology Resourcing is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.