Senior Planning Manager
Role: Senior Planning Manager
Duration: 12 months+
Rate: £550 – £600 per day
This world class Engineering Consultancy with an enviable track record of delivery across the globe is now looking to appoint a Senior Planning Manager into their busy rail infrastructure team. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Planning Manager with the gravitas, credibility, knowledge, strategic insight as well as very strong ‘hands-on’ experience, to join this business.
This role is pivotal to the business and as an inspirational Planning Manager that leads by example, you’ll be responsible for the following:
• Provide leadership and mentor-ship to the planning team.
• Take ownership of the quality of programme plans.
• Lead client meetings and build relationships with client stakeholders, peers and senior managers within the business.
• Ensure all issues within the programme are highlighted and understood by Senior Management and giving appropriate planning advice.
• Delivering the programme update and information regarding changes and delays that have impacted the programme on a period by period basis.
• Providing both high level and detailed reports to allow Senior Managers to direct the project appropriately
• Provide planning support and advice for bid teams in submission of tenders
You’ll obviously be able to work on your own initiative, but it’s important also that you can positively impact the project with your strategic thinking, knowledge and experience, providing a level of leadership, comfort and support to the client and planning teams that is second to none.
Therefore you should also have;
• Demonstrable Experience of working on large projects (£1m – £50m +)
• Tender Planning experience is preferable
• Experience of various forms of contract, including NEC and their various options
• A strong detailed understanding of Project Controls Techniques including Earned Value Management, Critical Path analysis, budget and spend management, change control and Work Package Management.
• An excellent understanding for how projects are designed, procured, constructed and commissioned.
• Solid demonstrable knowledge and experience of the Railway sector
• Extensive experience of using Microsoft Products and an expert user of P3e/P5/P6
• The ability to chair progress meetings with excellent communication skills – delivered articulately & clearly, such that all internal / external teams are engaged and bought in to your position as a Planning authority.
Technology Resourcing is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.