Project Manager – Web Services
Job Title: Project Manager – Web Services
TR Ref: 13184
Location: London & Bucks
Contract Duration: 6 months
This well-known and highly regarded organisation is re-developing their two core business models to build a customer-focused IT infrastructure of databases, websites with business intelligence capability, also to benefit from forthcoming legislative changes. They’ve defined the business requirements, and are now delivering a replacement website and revised online services, linking services across two separate databases and websites. The project serves to deliver several enhanced customer-facing online services to new and existing consumers, suppliers and partners.
The Project Manager will report directly to the COO and will be responsible for the Project Work Stream Leads – Systems & Process, IT, Operations & Marketing.
• Assess the project and quickly implement a plan to remove any risks resulting from disparity between forthcoming legislative changes, business requirements and technical developments (as gaps and inter dependencies may not be fully defined).
• Manage, drive and support the work streams leads and teams to ensure their deliverables are understood and met, within time and budget. This includes Communications/PR, Marketing, Operations, Data Management and IT.
• Develop, maintain and monitor project timelines, risk, issues and progress reports, ensuring immediate action taken where required and reporting progress to the Exec. team.
• Ensure all interdependences and assumptions are taken into account, managed and that no elements of the project are duplicated or overlooked.
• Establish a simple project framework and core project processes to remove risks resulting from inadequate project plan. Ensure work stream leads are briefed and supported to deliver within this framework.
• Assess resourcing levels and act swiftly to command resource or recruit
• Develop an internal communication strategy to improve communication & co-ordination between the work stream leads, their teams and other key project stakeholders. Co-ordinate the communication and marketing of the new services to various stakeholder groups ahead of release.
• At least 5 years’ project management experience, including delivering customer-facing online / web services solutions.
• A demonstrable track record of successfully turning around ‘at risk’ or failing projects, including streamlining and reigniting projects, with the skills to swiftly eradicate any risks stemming from previous lack of overarching project management.
• Confident, positive and results-oriented, with both business and IT skills, experienced in running well managed projects through multiple work streams, including Communication/PR, Marketing, Operations, Finance and IT.
• Exceptional communicator, able to engage, extract and ensure all critical information is recorded, shared and actions identified and completed. Excellent facilitation skills
• Working knowledge of:
Web development using Agile/sprints
Microsoft technology stack, including C#, .Net, ASP, SQL Server 2008, Web services, plus HTML/XML and CSS
Business Service Layers
Team Foundation Server
• A formal project management qualification, with practical experience of Prince2 (although you should also be experienced enough and comfortable working without a complete project framework in place)
• Ensure full compliance with ISO 9001 and ISO 27001.
Technology Resourcing is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.