Project Controls Trainer
Role: Project Controls Trainer / Lecturer
Location: Work From Home, anywhere in the UK
If you’ve been at the sharp end of controlling complex engineering and infrastructure projects, you will understand the pitfalls and challenges you will encounter along the way and what’s needed to ensure projects are delivered successfully and safely to time, cost and quality. If you’re able to take this experience and pass it on to L6 (degree level) Project Controls apprentices in an engaging, inspiring and passionate way, we’d love to have a conversation with you.
This is a great opportunity to join an expanding company delivering the UK’s first ever NVQ L6 (degree level) Project Controls Apprenticeship programme to Learners from a diverse range of employers and industries. The training will all be delivered virtually, drawing on your own experiences to bring project controls learning to life and ensuring the knowledge imparted sticks.
You will be presenting to 30+ Learners at a time, as you would in a university lecture theatre, but virtually over MS Teams. Training/Lecturing will account for approx. 60% of your time, with the remainder being spent preparing/marking assessments, writing case studies and producing additional course material. [A separate individual will provide all necessary support and admin eg liaising and answering queries from students, employers and the university, meeting with line managers etc]
- You must have a qualification higher than you’re teaching, so this role requires someone qualified with an NVQ L7, MSc or PhD, or a Chartered Engineer (CEng), or candidates with a teaching degree and relevant industry experience may also be considered.
- Substantial industry experience across the entire project controls function (schedule planning, forecasting, baseline, cost, risk, estimating, change, PMO, reporting, forensic analysis etc) either as a Project Controls specialist or leading/managing a team.
- Outstanding verbal and written communications skills are needed and you must be comfortable and confident presenting to large audiences.
- Key to success will be your ability to build effective relationships with each of the Learners over their 3 years of learning/working. You should also be confident drawing on your own experiences, citing real-life scenarios that give meaning and perspective to the Learners. You will be using a variety of presentation and training methods that are engaging, inspiring and at times, maybe humorous, to ensure Learners retain the information needed to successfully pass their degrees.
- Previous experience as a Trainer or Lecturer.
- Whilst it’s not essential that you’ve worked as a dedicated Trainer/Lecturer in the past, it is preferable that you have trained others throughout your career.
- Previous education experience would be ideal, but if not, our client is happy to bring you up to speed with the Higher Education processes.
- Our client is agnostic of which industry/s you have previously worked in.
This role is permanently Home Based but you will occasionally (maybe once a quarter) be required to visit their London offices.
This really is a tremendous opportunity to join an expanding organisation, making a real and immediate impact, sharing your knowledge and experience with the next generation of aspiring Project Controls professionals.