Project Controls Lead
Job Title: Project Controls Lead
TR Ref: DB/13497
Location: Central London
This really is a career-defining opportunity for a Project Controls expert to set up and lead the project controls function within a new PMO for a well-funded, rapidly expanding CleanTech company who are dramatically reducing CO2 emissions from manufacturing and process industries.
An expanding order book, along with increased investment, means our client is now looking to appoint a Project Controls Lead to help build a new global PMO to support a rapidly increasing number of multi-£m R&D and delivery projects across Europe, the USA and Asia.
Mandatory Skills and Experience:
- A Project Controls expert, with at least 10 yrs experience, much of which should have been gained within a PMO, with increasing responsibility.
- Experience gained across different industries, including (but not solely) chemical or process, ranging from study and definition through to construction and commissioning.
- Degree qualified or equivalent experience.
- Considerable experience: building/owning integrated master schedules; tracking/reporting project progress and performance; proactively identifying issues; investment status reporting; resource planning; cost and risk reporting.
- Demonstrable track record adding structure, resilience and predictability to projects, owning project controls data and managing stage-gate progression.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous and changing environment.
- Excellent coms and influencing skills, with a collaborative approach and strong relationship building skills.
- An inherent drive for continual improvement, optimising processes and improving efficiency.
- Experienced advising PMs how to meet their assurance and governance needs and maintaining/improving PM framework governance.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience building/scaling/leading small project controls teams.
- Previous experience selecting and implementing/integrating appropriate software tools for scheduling, cost, risk etc.
- Supporting and advising the PMs on project controls interactions with partners and contractors.
- Cost, Risk or Project Management qualifications.
There will be some travel required, but this is unlikely to be more than 20% of the time and will be short trips.
As well as a competitive base salary this company offers a bonus (<10% of salary) and substantial stock options, along with a range of other benefits, including flexible working and 2 days/week working from home (post-pandemic).