Principal Planning Engineer – progressing to Project Controls Manager
This is a truly career defining opportunity with a leading infrastructure project management consultancy. After joining as a Principal / Senior Planning Engineer and proving your expertise and leadership potential you will progress into a Project Controls Manager role, probably within the next 6-12 months.
Initially you will be reporting to the Planning Manager, leading less experienced Planning Engineers delivering a portfolio of smaller projects or larger individual projects. Then, with the support, mentoring and career development from the business, you will step up to a management role which will see you accountable for leading entire planning teams across several sites in and around the London area.
You will need to have already proved yourself as an accomplished project controls specialist, but also be able to demonstrate natural leadership with the commercial acumen and a business development edge in order to add substantial value, improving overall productivity across a range of key infrastructure projects.
• Lead functional input to projects, including leading other planners, to ensure delivery is consistent and effective, meeting scope, time, cost and quality requirements.
• Contribute to the planning strategy for assigned projects, so that the approach taken in each case is effective and appropriate to the project needs and client requirements
• Set up base line plans for assigned projects and monitor progress so problems are recognised promptly
• Report on progress and earned value, to support financial forecasting and any necessary corrective action
• Proactively identify and highlight any progress issues which threaten successful delivery of the project, so that recovery action may be taken
• Lead planning input to estimating and tendering activity on assigned projects, so that all relevant issues, actions and risks are understood and taken into account
• Lead a performance culture, developing individuals’ capability through an active performance management process
• Significant project planning / project controls experience, typically equivalent to 8 years’ experience
• HNC or above, or equivalent experience
• Fully conversant with planning software and tools
• Commercially aware
• Project management skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Thrives in a team environment
This really is a remarkable opportunity to join a highly regarded and prestigious consultancy who will provide all the support and career development necessary for you to successfully move into a key project controls management role.
Technology Resourcing is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.